yo.
i wanna get some intermidiate level bass solos or riffs ya no like stuff that will impress people!! NO SLAP i play lotsa rock so can anyone help? muchos gracias
Hysteria.

anyone who doesn't play bass will be blown away by it, but the hardest part is just keeping it going for the whole song.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
joe satriani- crystal planet, the bassline is very cool when the song gets going.
Quote by I'm_Guitarded
yea, but perhaps this was meant to be...
there could be a handful of stoners somewhere in Jersey that are on the verge of creating a new metal...a new thrash metal...

...or were all screwed =]

Deluxe Ash Strat MIA '96+DynatouchIII Deluxe900
46&2 by tool, thats very impressive, makes people think your a seasoned pro, when its really a simple song.
Quote by I'm_Guitarded
yea, but perhaps this was meant to be...
there could be a handful of stoners somewhere in Jersey that are on the verge of creating a new metal...a new thrash metal...

...or were all screwed =]

Deluxe Ash Strat MIA '96+DynatouchIII Deluxe900
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Hysteria.

anyone who doesn't play bass will be blown away by it, but the hardest part is just keeping it going for the whole song.

by who?
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
My problem is the lube,it's not easing the pain,it just makes it less gripy

Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Wait a minute! Do they send the boxes in boxes!?

EASY MONEY!!!!
people, please... all these are said constantly... let's try and rock the boat a little?

A good little ditty is Not Falling by Mudvayne... you can easily get away with it without slapping. If you play rock, this may be a little bit heavy for your liking, but try it anyway, it isn't "standard nu-metal" at any rate. The verses are very melodic, and I had much fun learning it. Plus it throws in some changes in time signiture.

The Pot by Tool is awesome as well.

And Maxwell Murder being intermediate? I once tried to learn that, and I just can't get it down, and I think of myself as a high intermediate player.
Porcupine Tree- Slave Called Shiver

A lot of Porcupine Tree's songs have interesting basslines.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by yawn
Def Leppard

muse actually

not putting down Def Leppard at all
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Yamaha RBX170
Muse > All
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by Past-time
muse actually

not putting down Def Leppard at all
Pfft, I know =)
"Rock" is such a vague term, so I'll suggest a couple of songs that will span a few "rock" based genres.

On the easier side of Intermediate:

Pearl Jam - Rats
Stone Temple Pilots - Plush
Doobie Brothers - Long Train Running
RATM - Bombtrack
Thin Lizzy - Dancing In The Moonlight
Deep Purple - Black Night
Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love
Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
Jimi Hendrix - Little Miss Lover

If you want something a little more challenging:

Steely Dan - Josie
Rush - The Trees
Led Zeppelin - Black Dog
RHCP - Apache Rose Peacock
Free - Mr Big
The Who - My Generation
Sugarloaf - Green Eyed Lady
Its High Time For A Walk On The Real Side, Lets Admit The Bastard's Beat Us!
Quote by theshowbizkid
"Rock" is such a vague term, so I'll suggest a couple of songs that will span a few "rock" based genres.

On the easier side of Intermediate:

Pearl Jam - Rats
Stone Temple Pilots - Plush
Doobie Brothers - Long Train Running
RATM - Bombtrack
Thin Lizzy - Dancing In The Moonlight
Deep Purple - Black Night
Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love
Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
Jimi Hendrix - Little Miss Lover

If you want something a little more challenging:

Steely Dan - Josie
Rush - The Trees
Led Zeppelin - Black Dog
RHCP - Apache Rose Peacock
Free - Mr Big
The Who - My Generation
Sugarloaf - Green Eyed Lady

Im listening to that song right now.
I dont think it has a bass solo
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
I haven't looked at it, but the bass part for Roundabout by Yes. it may be the keyboard though. I don't know.

Love the Low end
Quote by Deliriumbassist
A good little ditty is Not Falling by Mudvayne...

that kinda made me giggle.

And I gotta say, Maxwell Murders is one annoying bass solo. I can dig some of his basswork, but that just sounds like hitting random notes while tremelo picking to me. I've never been a fan of bass wankage.

As for the original question, check out some of Jaco's stuff when he was with Weather Report, namely the "Heavy Weather" album. It's pretty nice stuff to learn with once you hit an intermediate level or so.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Please search before you post. This is a repeat thread on every level.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!