Hi, I plan on buying this amp this weekend and was wondering if anyone owned/played with one and what they thought? Thanks a lot. David.
Typical marshall tone. That's all i can say. If you want to play metal of any sort you'll need to crank it.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or the neck will crack... and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
They are nice, i liked it. One thing ur gna wanna do is keep a fan behind it, they overheat EASILY.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Joe Perry Boneyard (BKP Black Dogs)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
Quote by VRGNR08
They are nice, i liked it. One thing ur gna wanna do is keep a fan behind it, they overheat EASILY.

wow is that a big problem or something? Anyway any more feedback? does any1 happen to have any soundclips of one?
The overheating problem really isn't a biggie. The right side of the amp just heats up a bit, it doesn't affect anything really. I'd make you some sound clips but the mic I ordered still hasn't arrived yet
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by paintITblack39
It can do some great modern tones for you.

Cool, im looking for mainly a guns n roses tone (slash), is it good for that sort of thing?
Sure.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
I love mine. Very versatile amp. Does LOTS of things very well.

jack of all trades, master of none.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by Inspired_by_Vai
I love mine. Very versatile amp. Does LOTS of things very well.

jack of all trades, master of none.

cool do you have any recordings of it?
I tried one of these when I was looking for a valve amp a few years back, it was a toss up between the dsl or an ashdown fallen angel. I wanted a good all round amp, capable of rock, metal, blues, cleans etc. Good marshall tone, but the clean channel was uninspiring as are most marshalls. Also the EQ controls aren't particularly responsive, it's always going to sound like a marshall.

The fallen angel 40W combo on the other hand i would say is a superior amp. It has similar features - clean, od and a boost, spring reverb. The cleans are very sparkly, you can get so many different sounds, and the bass is very responsive and focused. the amp itself is marketed for 7 strings and detuned styles, so on the overdrive channel the mid's are a lot lower and there is a lot of bass. But the EQ is very responsive, so you can get a scooped sound, or you can have a classic rock tone with tonnes of mid, brilliant. In terms of gain it's about the same as the marshall, not uber saturation but more than enough. It has two master volume controls as well which can be switched between - useful. It also has a red illuminated VU meter which looks very cool

In the uk it's similarly priced to the dsl, when I bought mine it was cheaper by about £50. However they don't make my model anymore, instead it's one with digital fx, and digital reverb instead of spring. I haven't tried them, but you can always turn them off without compromising the valve tone.

Here's my main gripe: It's fixed bias, and fixed by a zener diode internally, so if you want to use something better than the stock sovteks it might not take them. I fitted some harma str's and it blew them because it wasn't biased correctly. Ashdown gave me some new sovteks though... At some point I'll get a technician to change the zener diode to a pot so I can have better valves, but the stock ones don't sound bad.

In my opnion it's a better amp than the DSL.

Just checked their website- ashdown have spun off their guitar amps to their sister company Hayden. They only do the hybrid models now, that's dissapointing because the FA all valve is so good. There will probably still be a lot of the original amps going around, so i implore that you try one before making a decision on the DSL.
Ive tried the fallen angels and im not too keen on them to be honest. I think that they lack the crunch that you get from the marshall, but i will try them side by side when i go to buy it.
The secret is the EQ. Particularly because the mid is lower in peak frequency and the bass brings in a lot of bass. Set right the crunch is unbelievably powerful, fuller than the marshall. Also the clean channel, when cranked with gain has a very good crunch. I can get a much better brown sound from my ashdown than I can with a marshall. My settings are treble at 2 o clock, mid on full and zero bass, it sounds magic.