Page 1 of 3
Okay why do chicks dig guitarists?!? I don't get it. Yeah guitar is awesome, but how is someone's sex appeal determined by his ability to play an instrument? For me, chicks are hot because they're, well hot, not because they can play the accordian or something. It's a bit more complex than that, sure, like I really value intelligence and class, and will be turned off by sluttiness, but GUITAR?!?

There's a guy in my school who is a TOTAL PERVERT and he feels up like every girl in the school, yet they don't mind because he'll bring his acoustic once in a while and strum a few chords.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Any female insights? Are the girls at my high school just complete idiots?
because your school is filled with sluts. stop whining and take advantage of that.
If you play the guitar, take advantage of it!!!!! Grab it while it lasts!!!!
METALLICA.
No they're not sluts. Even though if you'd read my post you'd know I'm not the biggest fan of sluts. :P

But it's not like there's anyone attractive in my school anyway.
Yeah but I don't WANT a chick to like me because I play guitar (I'm not that good anyway lol).

I'm just curious as to why they like guitarists.
Quote by northerfan666
Yeah but I don't WANT a chick to like me because I play guitar (I'm not that good anyway lol).

I'm just curious as to why they like guitarists.

Girls aren't going to like you for who you are until college/after college. It's a fact of life. Hit that while you can.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Quote by TOcheesehead
because guitarists get rich. duh

Well, so do CEOs of successful companies, and kids who take business class aren't hot.
well its kind of like why do girls get their period. we cant explain it, its just a phenomenon that occurs.
Quote by TOcheesehead
because guitarists get rich. duh

lol ya right man
Tool kicks ass
Quote by CrossBack7
Stop whining...

Quote by Prologue
...take advantage of it!!!!!

sounds familiar.

lolol..
I dunno, guess it's the whole rock thing. I don't think him being able to fill up girls just because he plays guitars has anything to do it with it, maybe they just like him. Ever thought of that? But I've noticed that if you don't play the songs they "like" then a lot of people don't give a crap. The whole, "play this song, play this song!" And you're like, hell no, I'll play what I want. Especially when they want you to play fall out boy, green day, or good charlotte, I don't know any of those songs and I'm not going to learn it just because they want me to play it.
Quote by RMC06
Because there's always the chance that a song will be written about them.

You can write a song and play it on almost any instrument.
Quote by northerfan666
Well, so do CEOs of successful companies, and kids who take business class aren't hot.

Ever seen donald trumps gf or wife, whatever she is? She's pretty good looking, or maybe it's just one of his interns, I dunno, lol.
Damn straight. Do the same. I swear to god dude, if i could change one thing about my life it would be more confident with the girls in high school. I only learned that on my last year... sick year btw. I was appealing to one girl for playing guitar becuase it made me "creative" an "passionate"... those were her words btw.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or the neck will crack... and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
Quote by Partyboy2k05
I dunno, guess it's the whole rock thing. I don't think him being able to fill up girls just because he plays guitars has anything to do it with it, maybe they just like him. Ever thought of that? But I've noticed that if you don't play the songs they "like" then a lot of people don't give a crap. The whole, "play this song, play this song!" And you're like, hell no, I'll play what I want. Especially when they want you to play fall out boy, green day, or good charlotte, I don't know any of those songs and I'm not going to learn it just because they want me to play it.

Yeah, I guess you're right. But you don't know how much I've heard "guitarists are so hot" from every girl at my school (this is high school, btw). It just amazes me how an ability to play guitar makes you hot.

btw, sorry if I sound whiney, guys. I'm just curious.
I don't think girls dig guys that play accordian........

and yes, as i have noticed, a lot of high school girls are idiots. it's not just you're school. no offence to the chicks of course, and i am not saying they are all idiots.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
speaking as a girl i can see why they would be attracted to a guy who plays and writes his own songs. and if hes strumming an acoustic it obviously makes him seem sensitive and in touch with his feelings, thus more attractive. i mean what girl wouldn't rather have a guy that can play a guitar as opposed to one that makes err model cars in his free time.
Quote by northerfan666

What instrument cant you do it on ?
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by santhony1987
Damn straight. Do the same. I swear to god dude, if i could change one thing about my life it would be more confident with the girls in high school. I only learned that on my last year... sick year btw. I was appealing to one girl for playing guitar becuase it made me "creative" an "passionate"... those were her words btw.

Yeah, self-confidence isn't my strength...
Quote by fridge_raider
What instrument cant you do it on ?

Kazoo

When I played guitar in high school, I ended up getting more ass than a trip through the grand canyon.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Can't really write a song for drums. Don't get me wrong, the instrument takes skill and sounds awesome, just usually with a band. Since you can't really make a melody.

The accordian thing was kind of a (bad) joke, ha ah.

And the being "in touch" with your feelings makes sense, but you could also do that when playing some Chopin on a Grand Piano. Being emotional that is. Maybe it's a blend of that and the fact that acoustic guitar is a "portable" instrument, and the songs you play are usually more contemporary.
Quote by northerfan666

But a guitar is so much more badass.
it's because they figure that if you are willing to take enough time to practice and learn to play an instrument like that, then you must be willing to commit to something. this gives them a feeling of security.
...if your just horrible at guitar tho then you're pretty much screwd. (not always tho cus some guys play 1 or 2 chords and that's it and it sounds kinda cool so evry1's like o yeah he's good but he's not.)
omg, haven't you ever heard of groupies? they've only been around for some 40 years or so now... might as well question why the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.....
"You take the blue pill , the story ends here, you wake up and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill you stay in wonderland and I'll show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes."
- Morpheus

#3 of Tom Cruise Scares me club.
Quote by Zuka
because your school is filled with sluts. stop whining and take advantage of that.

Zuka FTW

Spiral Out
Groupies usually like all the members of the band, and the band writes their own music and is successful to some extent. That is different than your regular schmoe that plays two chords on an acoustic.
Simple as this..... we look at a girl and answer mentally a couple of very simple questions. The answer to those questions is either Yes, No, or Maybe. And the factors used are T*ts, A$$, and last and usally Least.... Face.

When girls look at guys..... they ain't looking at your crotch and answering that same question.... h*ll most of them aren't even thinking the same questions. It's usually you Clothes, build, and attitude for the most part.

For girls its usually a matter of whether they think they could be comfortable with you, romanced by you.... whether you're going to bring flowers,....open the door.... listen to them.....ect ect. So a guy who plays music appears to have some depth, feelings. ect ect. Unless it's some long haired sloppy dude in a black trench coat and greasy hair angry at everything.....no offense guys. But eventually you'll grow WAY out of that phase.

For guys its.... "Would I f*** you?.... would I f*** you a lot?....would I f*** you Forever?.....and would I be embarassed if anyone knew I f***** you.

Of course it's not exactly that simple..... but that's about 75% of motivation right there. So of course.... who gives a sh*t if a hot chick can play guitar or clarinet. Hot chicks are cool because they're hot chicks.... There's only 1 instrument they need to be good with.

And always remember..... some of the guys and girls who were the most popular IT people in High School .... some of them will end up pumping your gas and roller skating your SONIC burger out to your BMW.

Thought I would lighten the load on what could have been a boring post !

Peace
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
okay Northerfan666,

you asked for some female insight, but i'm gonna give you some male insight....at least as close as I can do.....

why do chicks dig guitarists? we won't tell you! hell if we tryed to explain, you wouldn't get it anyway.

the ONLY way you'll ever really understand, is to learn it, play it, and live it!

there's a whole 'nuther person you become ON stage, and eventually you can be that guy OFF stage, when you want to.

it's about attitude. it's about breakin' out. it's about being uninhibited. it's about creating a moment or series of moments, it's about.....WTF you aren't gonna really get this anyway. you gotta live it to know it.

girl accordian player? what's that shit about?

turn the whole thing around.

girl GUITARIST ! ............... sexiest damn thing on the whole fucking planet!

....................except maybe for chicks who play BASS.

remember the Bangels? they were okay, but that little cutie who played bass? hell yeah!

i'd give a month's pay just to run with her for a day, and have her sweet little voice singing in my ear.

i'd probably SELL MY SOUL, if it meant she'd be with me for however long we'd last.

bottom line, friend........ you don't get it now, so you probably never will. pity really.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Mar 1, 2007,
LOL, though I'd admit sex may not even be a prime motivator for me. Although it's not something I'd reject if the opportunity arose, but...
Quote by Zuka

hahaha
i get chicks gawking whenever i play guitar
especially when i sing to

last night i was playing acoustic after jazz band and I was singing too
I got the whole girls basketball team and most cheerleaders in a pack around me

xD

I dont know, it works i guess,
Page 1 of 3