im wanting to buy a standard fender strat, but i dont know whether to get the SSS or HSS model. i know the difference is between the pickups but within that, what is the difference? how does having 3 single coil pickups differ from a humbucker, single single pickup setup?
wats the difference in the tones i guess is what i mean. i play in a band that consists of a lot of punkish, alternative type songs.
maybe if u know someone who plays one of the guitars u can use that as a refrence to how it sounds, whatever makes it easier to describe.

i appreciate the feedback.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_('') aww

RATM_Rocha wrote:

I hate Gun"n"roses and i hate velvet revolver, there emo music, ew.

^ lmao wat a retard ^

Plan-C page
or get w/e and replace the pickups with humbuckers? so its HSH
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
Quote by rockdude_2008
im wanting to buy a standard fender strat, but i dont know whether to get the SSS or HSS model. i know the difference is between the pickups but besides within that, what is the difference? how does having 3 single coil pickups differ from a humbucker, single single pickup setup?
wats the difference in the tones i guess is what i mean. i play in a band that consists of a lot of punkish, alternative type songs.
maybe if u know someone who plays one of the guitar u can use that as a refrence to how it sounds, whatever makes it easier to describe.

i appreciate the feedback.

It really depends. If you were to go for HSS though, I wouldn't get a strat. Actually if you go HSS you might as well get a nice HH. Personally, I love the bridge single coil, gives you that great classic strat sound.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
HSS or HSH.

Humbuckers get that down and dirty sound, while singles get a twangy treble sound.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
im not a fan of punk, but i am a fan of SSS.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
There is also the possibility of getting the SSS and putting a hotrail Single-sized-Humbucker in the bridge.
* Moved *
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
HSS ftw
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
ssh*
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
If you're going to get a strat, you might as well get the wanted tone from the SSS pups...I rather get the SSS than a HSS considering I already have a gutiar with Humbuckers.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I play pretty much the same stuff you do and i have the HSS. I love it.
Quote by xshe
I play pretty much the same stuff you do and i have the HSS. I love it.

just want to let you know that you have a great avatar

and yes i would reccomend HSS more versatility and u need that humbucker for the genres you play
I would say to go for the SSS. It gives that true strat sound. And if you have a guitar with a humbucker (or 2), then you have to go for the SSS in my opinion.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Because of the different properties inherent to single coil pickup vs. a humbucker I'd suggest sticking with a SSS set up. Then again I have no room to talk as my main guitars are HSS and HHS setups respectively.

The main thing with a HSS is that the pots are going to hold back either the singles (if they're 500K) or the the 'Bucker (if they're 250K) and a bunch of other BS like that.

FTW i'd say SSS and get a compressor petal, it's worth it.