So what do you guys think about buying guitars on Ebay? Is it a bad idea because you've never played it before. Because a very nice guitar has caught my eye and its cheap for the type. I'd really love to buy it but I'm very worried. Its about 25 years old too... so... yeah. The guy says it still plays very well and he has 15 good reviews. None bad.
Last edited by Iamafunguy at Mar 1, 2007,
put up a link for people
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
what u looking at? i have a really nice 05 Gibson Les Paul Studio i want to sell...
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
I bought my C-1 classic off eBay. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it! I didnt even try it first.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
why would i get a warning? i just mean ebay can be good. but it depends on who your buying from. some people have a good rep on ebay...others not so much. / i wanted to see what was being bought, i like guitars. and some people may be able to tell if its a good seller. sorry if that can be a warning tho. my bad.
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
Quote by CanadaHckyDude
why would i get a warning? i just mean ebay can be good. but it depends on who your buying from. some people have a good rep on ebay...others not so much. / i wanted to see what was being bought, i like guitars. and some people may be able to tell if its a good seller. sorry if that can be a warning tho. my bad.

NOOO sorry lol... I mean can't I get a warning for posting a link to something on Ebay selling. Once this guy got in trouble because they thought he was trying to sell it or something. But here it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Explorer-1984-Rare-White-and-Black-Graphics_W0QQitemZ280088044134QQihZ018QQcategoryZ33040QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
It's bad unless if the guitar looks really good and you're sure of the purchase.

And if the guitar is rare. A good example is a MIJ Fender Jaguar. I really can't find them from anywhere else near.
Sent from my iPad.
Last edited by paintITblack39 at Mar 1, 2007,
im lookin at one to, it looks great and its only 2 years old. the dudes only got like 10 reviews, none bad, so im thinkin about buyin it
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
Under the bid price it says "reserve not met." That means that the seller has set a reserve so that it won't sell unless someone bids higher than the price he has set. He probably has it set at around $1000, so if you were thinking you were going to get that guitar for 100 bucks, think again.
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
I'm sure the seller is genuine, there is nothing to suggest that he is trying to scam you or anything, it just that he probably wont sell for less than 1000
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
ya the buy it now is at 1,210 or something. so its around that before the reserve is met.
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell