My girlfriend has been trying to stop smoking, the last time she had a cigarette was almost 5 weeks ago, and she's been having really bad withdrawls. She's been chewing gum a hella lot. I was just wondering how long do they last after you quit, and if anyone has any tips on how to help with 'em. Thanks in advance.
Give her lots of sex, it'll help.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Well, from what I've heard from my dad, who's been off for years, they still happen, just not very often, and not as strong. But, he probably smoked much longer that your girlfriend, so I couldn't say.

But I imagine they'll last a while.
Quote by stratkat
My girlfriend has been trying to stop smoking, the last time she had a cigarette was almost 5 weeks ago, and she's been having really bad withdrawls. She's been chewing gum a hella lot. I was just wondering how long do they last after you quit, and if anyone has any tips on how to help with 'em. Thanks in advance.

A long time. You can relapse almost whenever. The only way to quit is to really want to quit. If your like me and you realise that they are bad for you, however you love the feeling they give there is no way you are going to quit.

Anyways... Yeah... Physical withdrawls don't last that long, but the mental ones can stay around for a long time. Hell, craving a cigarette mentally can give you physical withdrawl symptoms, so it's not an easy road.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Quote by Metal-X
Give her lots of sex, it'll help.

It actually does help, believe it or not.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
They suck. Gum, candies, and patches work ok. Jawbreakers work really well. Patches don't always work but there's a few different kinds of pills that doctors can perscribe for quiting.
Her father would freak if she was caught with nicotine patches or meds for quitting, he's a prick. Thanks though.
Punch her dad in the throat and cut his eyes out. It's better to find out your kid is quitting smoking rather than starting.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
When my mate quit (before me) he chewed gum (normal) and drank lots of water.

In the middle of a lecture at tafe he stood up and pissbolted from the room.

Water + Gum = Laxative

I didnt make the same mistake
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
I like the idea of the having lots of sex, I don't think she'll go for it but I'll run it by her.