i feel that you could get a good tube combo instead of that

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
no.

in general crate sucks. thats even an SS, trying to act like a tube.

im sure someone else will recommend a VK or VJ.
You could do much better.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Well...I want a stack because I'm going to be gigging in the very near future and wanted to buy a stack that would last me a while.
Quote by Dxking
Well...I want a stack because I'm going to be gigging in the very near future and wanted to buy a stack that would last me a while.

well that wouldnt cut it.

you can always get a combo and pa it.

or you can get a nice tube combo, put a speaker out and stack it.
You don't need a stack to gig, and one of those won't last you a while anyway because it will sound like ass.
well...a tube amp would last longer because you probably are more satisfied with the tone it gets you

and places where you would need a 350w amp usually have a pa that you could use to mic a tube combo with

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
If its anything like the other GT series Crates, the rhythm and solo channels hum so loudly they're hardly usable. Cleans from the GT series are nice, but for that price you could easily get an all tube halfstack or combo.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
You can WAY much better than that piece of crap.
You're in the range for AC30s, JCM800s, JCM900s, and such.
Sent from my iPad.
Has anyone here actually used a GT3500? It's the same as an Ampeg VH140c, and a real solid head for hard rock and metal. You should try one before buying one but you can do way worse than that.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Arlabester
no.

Why did you state that Crate sucks, and then go on to post a link of another crate?

and not all crates suck, the one in your link is just as good as a Blues Junior. some people prefer it to the BJ, but i like the tone of the BJ more.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
The cab looks okay, but the head is crap.

For the money, I'd say get a tube combo like a Mesa F30 or F50, Peavey 5150/6505, Genz Benz El Diablo, etc.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Like everyone else says, you probably won't NEED a halfstack. But it sure is nice to have one when more stage volume is needed. I have played quite a few shows where it was a great thing to have. I played the Masquerade in Atlanta in '04, in the top room Heaven and the stage was massive. Having a halfstack there gave me all the stage volume I needed, with some volume to spare. Also played in places that only had pa systems large enough to do vocals, so I had to crank it up a bit. So if you plan on doing shows in large venues, or venues that do not use large pa systems, I would say get a halfstack, just not the Crate one. Go for a tube amp if you can afford it. They make a world of difference.

As far as I am concerned, it is better to have the power and not need it, than to need the power and not have it.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
Quote by Arlabester
no.

No, the blue voodo series as well as the plaomino are very good; like the one you recommended

Quote by Arlabester
you can still do better than that.

dont worry about getting a stack.

i got a blues junior and am just now saving for a cab.

you seriously wont need a stack. usually ever.

PS: get a tube amp.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V16-Palomino-15W-Class-A-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=487826

it may even have a speaker out. then you can put it on a cab.

Yea get that or the 30w version, or one of these:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation/crate-amplifiers-speakers-footswitches-tube-hybrid-bass-amplifiers-speakers?N=100001+306271+201228&page=1
that is if you insist on crate, other wise i'd go used and get something even better
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
wow. 350 watts! thats just... loud. Small amp and mic it.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Ive never played that exact combo but i will tell you this. I have NEVER played a crate i liked. All of the ones ive tryed just sounded like crap and none fit my style. Some of the cabs are decent though due to the fact that some use celestions.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
its probably the fact that they aren't your style, like if you like metal your probably not big into a mesa tripple rectifier full stack ect..

Yea they don't make the best amps out there but for the money arent bad at all, especially the palomino series
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Dude. Dont listen to any of the noobs above me. They have probably never played it. I own the Gt3500 with two BV cabs and it is awsome. The first review on the musicians friend review that says best high-gain head without playing 2000 for mesa was writen by me. Read that review. It speaks the truth. Its actually heavier sounding that a triple recto. I own both.
Last edited by Ubershall404 at Mar 2, 2007,
Quote by FrenchBread
No, the blue voodo series as well as the plaomino are very good; like the one you recommended

Yea get that or the 30w version, or one of these:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation/crate-amplifiers-speakers-footswitches-tube-hybrid-bass-amplifiers-speakers?N=100001+306271+201228&page=1
that is if you insist on crate, other wise i'd go used and get something even better

thats why i said in general, except i hate the blue voodoo.
Quote by igotabcrich32
Why did you state that Crate sucks, and then go on to post a link of another crate?

and not all crates suck, the one in your link is just as good as a Blues Junior. some people prefer it to the BJ, but i like the tone of the BJ more.

does anyone not notice i said in general?