Alright, i have been thinking about buying another guitar. I've only been playing for about 6/7 monthes now and i'm not sure if i should wait a bit longer or what. I don't plan on quiting. I would like to buy an epi Les Paul or maybe an SG. Also, what do you think about the Les Pauls and SG's?
epiphone is probably a good choice for someone who's been playing as long as you have. pauls vs SGs is totally a personal preference, but, look into strats, or fat strats if you want that humbucker tone, but i got my first "real" guitar after about 8 months, so, no, i don't think it's too early.
Do you really want an upgrade? Cause I don't see going from a MIM strat to an epiphone as such a upgrade...unless if you get the custom epiphone LP or something or mod the guitar...
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Well, it's not really gonna be an upgrade... I just want another guitar to play around with...
I'd go with the LP, I have one and love it.

Unless you're a weak pussy who can take 10 lbs. of wood, than go for the SG.
lol, lespauls are great, just gotta find one that suites you.

Just a notice, SG's have alot of nose dives to them, their necks are real heavy compared to their bodys....but it's a REAL light guitar, I was so surprised...
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by xshe
Well, it's not really gonna be an upgrade... I just want another guitar to play around with...

It's a good thing that you're not looking for an upgrade there because mexi fender > Epiphone in 9 cases out of 10. Of course there are always a few Epi's out that that just roast, but I've found a lot more Fenders that fit in the "OMG" catigory.