I had this in another thread earlier, but I decided to make this it's own thread because I am really at a blank about how my stance on colleges is, and what type of colleges I should be applying to. The guidance counselors at my school seem to be worthless, so I decided I'll see what UG says.

So slightly edited from the other thread:

I am guessing my SAT will be around 1400 (in the old 1600 system). On the PSATs I got a 65 (650) in each section, and I took them at the beginning of my sophmore year. So now, 2 years later, I am hoping for around a 700 in each section. I don't really have that many extracurriculars, mostly just web design. I am really slacking off my senior year. I tend to stick to computer type courses, and for stuff that I did after school it used to be chess (I love chess) and robotics (which is pretty cool, we build 120 pound robots that have to accomplish certain objectives, part of the FIRST robotics program. I do the programming for the robot.).

Oh and this one big thing I forgot, I was expelled for a quarter during my sophmore year for computer hacking. It really screwed me over. I was admitted into physics and chemistry early, sophmore year, but was forced to drop: physics, chemistry, spanish 3, and advanced web design. It really screwed me over, leaving me with only 4 credits that year, just the basic classes. Also, as a result of having to drop spanish 3, I decided to take latin 1 this year, and there is no way I am doing latin 2 next year, so I have only gotten 2 years of world languages in high school. Getting expelled was my own damn fault, but if I regret anything in high school it would be getting expelled and being lazy (especially this year, a lot of my teachers this year don't like me. My physics and english teachers seem to be the only ones that understand. My chemistry teacher refused to recommend for an english field trip, and when queried as to why by my english teacher, responded by basically calling me arrogant because I sleep through his chemistry class and pass his tests.)

My average grade is around a C, maybe a C-. I have no idea what that comes out to on GPA. I am in mostly advanced classes, but I am a really lazy bastard.

So what sorts of colleges should I be looking at? I have no doubt my SAT will be high, but my GPA is very low and I have been expelled from school.

Thanks guys.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
You're a senior and you haven't already applied to places?
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
I would say state colleges are your best bet. They accept nearly anyone if they show promise and pass a test (only some colleges for the test part.)
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
you are going to have to take a year at a JC.. you probably wont be getting in to schools this late.. but you can try. I would do a year at a JC ang get good grades and then transfer.....
Quote by iforgot539
You're a senior and you haven't already applied to places?

No I'm finishing up junior year. I said I'm slacking off my senior year because I know me, and I will. Not only that but I took the minimum amount of classes allowed, and the easiest ones at that. The only decently difficult class I will have next year is phys II AP.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Mostly, if your scores on the SAT/ACT are high, you can go to any public state college where you live. Outside of the state might be a bit iffy. Doesn't hurt to apply a lot of places.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
I graduated in January, and still haven't applied to schools. I'm screwed.

Yeah I have had a surge of energy to start thinking about stuff like this as of late because I know if I don't start thinking about this now I never will, and then it will be too late. This is the college I want to go to as of right now, but I don't think with the way my whole school history is I will be able to get in.

http://www.calpoly.edu/

Does knowing a second language fluently help any? English was my second language after all. Haha. I just realised how desperate I am getting... Oh well....
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
yeah it helps... is English really your second language?

Is that college the type of college where you can get an interview type of thing? If so, just impress the hell out of them.

But dude, your a junior right? Don't get too worried about it. I mean you have a long ass time to choose where you want to go.
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
yeah it helps... is English really your second language?

Is that college the type of college where you can get an interview type of thing? If so, just impress the hell out of them.

But dude, your a junior right? Don't get too worried about it. I mean you have a long ass time to choose where you want to go.

Yeah I am junior. And yes, english is my second language, first being Russian. I really would have a difficult time getting an interview there, considering I live in Connecticut and the college is in California (Opposite sides of the country - I want to get away from my parents). It is one of the few colleges that offers a computer engineering degree, and two of my friends are also planning to attend.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Just make sure to mention your pro's before your con's. Although, that's a given.

If you can speak Russian, and you got a high SAT score, it would off set your average GPA.
Also, when your in your Senior year. Take a crap load of electives. Like for you, computer classes will raise your GPA greatly, considering your getting 90's.

Senior year is the teachers way of saying... "Yeah, we know we are jackasses, so here's a year you can slack off and still get good grades. Your welcome"
Quote by goods2006
Yeah I am junior. And yes, english is my second language, first being Russian. I really would have a difficult time getting an interview there, considering I live in Connecticut and the college is in California (Opposite sides of the country - I want to get away from my parents). It is one of the few colleges that offers a computer engineering degree, and two of my friends are also planning to attend.

For the love of God, do not base your decision on that at all.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
Just make sure to mention your pro's before your con's. Although, that's a given.

If you can speak Russian, and you got a high SAT score, it would off set your average GPA.
Also, when your in your Senior year. Take a crap load of electives. Like for you, computer classes will raise your GPA greatly, considering your getting 90's.

Senior year is the teachers way of saying... "Yeah, we know we are jackasses, so here's a year you can slack off and still get good grades. Your welcome"

Yeah but what I do in senior year will not really matter towards college unless I **** up, will it?

I just hate to see all the "smart" kids who will be going to colleges like Yale and Harvard just because they spent all their time studying when really they will not be worth a damn in those schools. The smart kids in high school aren't the intelligent ones, the ones who can easily grasp concepts and actually have a desire to learn, but the kids who are the teachers pets and do all of their work.

And now I'm just ranting lol.
I just hate how the education system is. So what if I don't want to waste my time on repetitive chemistry homework and I can still do well on the test, that doesn't mean that you should fail me.

Edit:
Oh and friends are not what I am basing my decisions on. This college matches all my criteria. It has the major I want and is in the location I want, among other things. It's just an extra bonus that two of my friends have decided to go there too.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
hahaha, at my old school we didn't have home work during my last year. The school board deemed it "unfair to those laking study time".

score!
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
hahaha, at my old school we didn't have home work during my last year. The school board deemed it "unfair to those laking study time".

score!

Oh. My. ****. I would be a straight A student at that school.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.