i have a 500XL and im used to Seymour duncan buckers and Single coils so im a little confused which wire goes which.

theres the white, green, bare braided, red and black. the white and green are soldered together so i assume they just get electrical taped around and left like that and the bare and the red get grounded and the black goes to the pot???
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Quote by The_Clap
i have a 500XL and im used to Seymour duncan buckers and Single coils so im a little confused which wire goes which.

theres the white, green, bare braided, red and black. the white and green are soldered together so i assume they just get electrical taped around and left like that and the bare and the red get grounded and the black goes to the pot???

Checking out Guitar Electronics , it says that Lawrence (I'm assuming Bill Lawrence) pickups are wired like this.
(Invalid img)

EDIT: Damn, beaten to it again.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
thanks guys....why is it the only one south to north???
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Quote by the_random_hero
Checking out Guitar Electronics , it says that Lawrence (I'm assuming Bill Lawrence) pickups are wired like this.
(Invalid img)

EDIT: Damn, beaten to it again.

I win again!

Quote by The_Clap
thanks guys....why is it the only one south to north???

I don't understand. The North and South labels there are just to show which coil is which. Has nothing to do with the wiring.
nvm i thought i was supposed to put it in like that or something...stupid question
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Umm... It's not? Peavey also is, as well as "Shadow".

Regardless, the polarity of the humbucker has very little to do with the functionality of it. Unless you coil split it, and use it with the single coil or another humbucker that's split.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
Umm... It's not? Peavey also is, as well as "Shadow".

I don't follow..?

Quote by Will_Minus
Regardless, the polarity of the humbucker has very little to do with the functionality of it. Unless you coil split it, and use it with the single coil or another humbucker that's split.

Yeah, I was gonna say 'except if...' but that'd just cofuse the fellow.
I was kind of unclear with my first sentence.

Peavey(Wolfgang) has the screw side's polarity being north, the same with Shadow.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club