Alright, so I am looking for an effects pedal. They are quite expensive. I know Dunlop makes good stuff, but they are expensive. Its like $220 for their Uni-Vibe effects pedal Can you guys recommend the cheapest, best quality, pedal for me? I have no clue on what to get. I'd probably say the most I want to spend is $150 CDN is possible.
i have the digitech rp50, its technically a guitar effects peday, but it still sounds good with my bass... only $50 American too
Thumb......the best bass effect ever made.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Digitech makes some good solid and affordable bass pedals as well. I have the Chorus pedal now and XBW Bass Synth Wah will be mine on Monday.
^I would second the Digitech. I have 5 Digitech pedals (well, 4 now) and like them very much.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
if u want to buy a pedal, but don't kow which, it means u dont need a pedal. so rather, just keep playing clean until you find one you do like.
Quote by SocKo?
if u want to buy a pedal, but don't kow which, it means u dont need a pedal. so rather, just keep playing clean until you find one you do like.

Yeah - unless you want something specific from a pedal it's unlikely just by picking a random effect you'll get something you want. Why don't you try and identify a sound you want that you don't have and then ask how that can be acheived?
Quote by SocKo?

Anarkee, how's the Chrous going? I'm gonna pick one up on your recommendation if you think it's decent...
Since this thread is about pedals...
btw i never used one,
does anyone know what effect does paz lenchantin uses?
in musics "passive" and "choke"
AbsentMind
If you're into it, you can get a lot of guitar/bass pedals really damn cheap on Ebay. I personally prefer Boss pedals, simply because for a mid-range price, they are pretty damn good quality. I once watched a video of guy throw a Boss DS-2 at a wall for a few minutes, and it still worked, lol.

Not that that's conclusive evidence.... I also have three Boss pedals, and I've never ever had an issue.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride