Right now I've narrowed it down to 4 companys (?) I guess you would call them..

Ibanez
Jackson (would want it to be one of the Rhoad ones)
ESP/LTD
Gibson
Fender

What are your opinions on which one is the best.. Price range isn't much of an issue right now.. because I'm just looking into it.. but I'd rather not come back here and see 10 posts with people saying buy a 5 or 6 thousand dollar guitar...

Thanks!
Last edited by Maggot66 at Mar 2, 2007,
i'd go ESP or Jackson, personally but its personal preferance. and everyone knows its not about company name. excpet BC RICH more like BC suck ass. the jackson RR's are amazing. ive played the RR5 amazing guitar. and i like the ESP models that look like LP's
Fender is the best of course... But based on what you seem to be after they're not your cup of joe I guess...

ESP/LTD > Ibanez > Jackson > BC Rich

That's my order and I'm sticking to it. I've played a couple different ESP Viper 400s with the EMG 81/85 set in them... Goddamn that's a good guitar...
Jackson puts high level pickups in mid-level guitars, which is a huge plus

but if you want something absolutely amazing, an LTD H-1001 is my vote
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by rcmaster0072002
i'd go ESP or Jackson, personally but its personal preferance. and everyone knows its not about company name. excpet BC RICH more like BC suck ass. the jackson RR's are amazing. ive played the RR5 amazing guitar. and i like the ESP models that look like LP's

ESP model your talkin about is the EC's
and not all BC Rich guitars suck,the higher prices ones are actually great guitars and there custom shop is just amazing...
Ibanez RG1570
Jackson KE3
B.C. Rich Mockingbird or some sort
ESP Eclipse-IIVB

Quote by Necronomicon
Ibanez>Jackson>LTD>BC Rich

That's debatable.
Ibanez>Jackson>LTD>BC Rich
Don't get the BC Rich unless you're getting one of the expensive ones. I've got a custom one I like but the other ones aren't that great. Ibanez is one of the best guitar makers out there.
if your looking into an Ibanez...check out the Ibanez RG 5 EX 1.....I have had it for a while, and have loved every bit of it. and since you seem to be into slipknot you will probably like how it looks metal. Though it plays very professional. Accually when I bought it new the strings were quite a ways from the neck, but it is extremely easy to lower the strings. so I would defenetly recommend it. It was a $400 when I bought it
Got Bread?

<- ".....Sell Your Computer, Buy A Guitar....." ->
Quote by The Casualty
Ibanez RG1570
Jackson KE3
B.C. Rich Mockingbird or some sort
ESP Eclipse-IIVB

That's debatable.

+1 IMO Ibanez>ESP>Jackson>BC rich
LTD EC-1000.

I'm gassing for one now so hard that I would suck a **** to have one.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
id add gibson to the list and take off BC RICH...they suck
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
Well I guess I'm taking BC Rich off the list.. lol they look cool but I was talking to some people at school and said the exact same thing. Higher end BC Richs are alright but lower/mid suck..

I was thinking about Gibson and Fender, but I'm not sure, I guess I'll add em to my list.