I'm looking for a music program that to play all my music library on the pc, i've been using win-amp but haven't had much luck with it, in addition to random crashes and weird behavior, now it plays all my van halen stuff off tempo (everything is too fast).. if anyone knows how to fix this.. or has a good suggestion as far as good free programs, let me know... i like win-amp because i can use a plug-in to slow down tempo on solos im trying to learn, etc...

(i already check i don't have any tempo altering affects on right now)
windows media player, itunes...
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
windows media player 11 you can slow stuff down too, so id go for that
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
windows media player.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Itunes!!!! Rock setting on equalizer FTW, on some classical pieces i can hear the people breathing its that good!
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Older version of Winamp. iTunes is for n00bs (the new version gets rid of the EQ button and has no EQ shortcut key - surely any true muso wants quick EQ access!) and WMP has a nazi user agreement.
iTunes is for men
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
itunes is just... great. loving the gapless album feature.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
i use iTunes.
thats cuz i have an iPod...
and it sucks to use two different players if one can do the jobs.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I use amarok. It's not owned by a corporation, 100% coded by the community, and not surprisingly, it's the best media player out there.

Supports iPods aswell and a windows release is on the way.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
i havent noticed a difference w/ that gapless album feature in itunes
what is it?
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
I use Windows Media Player. ITunes is always really slow on my computer, and it simply refuses to play certain songs without going totally silent halfway through.
Quote by UnsignedRecords
itunes is just... great. loving the gapless album feature.

Me too.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
*Checks in Winamp* Winamp version 5.24. It doesn't slow my comp down like WMP sometimes does, and I haven't had any problems with it.
If you have a lot of music, I generally use iTunes. It's pretty clean, you can set it up however you want by playing with the settings, and very well organized. If you're just playing an album here or there or a few random songs when you feel like it, I'd recommend Winamp. I've been using it for almost my entire life (15 years-ish?) and never had any issues with it. You can get customized skins pretty easily if you're into that too. It's sleek, quick, and efficient.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride