I want some input on some great overdrive pedals. there's so many and I can't try them all out unfortunately. Feel free to list one or more that you like.
hopefully you're putting one in front of a tube amp, otherwise it's kinda pointless. i like my mxr zakk wylde od, but i haven't tried many others. but i'm satisfied.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
it'll be used with a '82 2203 marshall. i gotta digitech rp350 but I want a pedal dedicated entirely to overdrive tone.
tubescreamer?

a booster would help too because then you'd get the amp overdrive....sounds better imo

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i gotta tubesreamer (reissue) but it doesn't have much bottom end, otherwise its ok
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Build Your Own Clone Screamer (you don't have to build it yourself)

I have both and have sold off all my other overdrive pedals.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
keepem' coming
what, why, how much?
...would you trade your wife in on one kinda opinion
visual sound jekyll and hyde?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I'm in your same position man. I'm looking at a modded Tube Screamer (TS9) - $140-$170, or a Fulltone Fulldrive - $170-ish on eBay. These are some of the greats as far as overdrive pedals.
if your looking for a tube screame reffect at a lower prie and not to that extreme, theres always the dod preamp/overdrive 250 for $40. it will give you that more natural sounding boost to add a little umph to your sound.
I've cut my od pedals down to two. Boss od-3 and the Digitech Badmonkey. Both have better clarity and transparity than others I have had. Neither pedal is limited to the mid hump that tubescreamer types display. The od-3 has a very smooth response and the Badmonkey has bass and treble EQ. No more tone sucking. Both pedals have good bass. I use one for blues type OD and then kick in the other one to get excellent distortion tones. These two pedals work great with each other, which can't be said for many pedals. Not noisy either like ds-1 and behringer, ibanez etc.
somebody tell me more about the jekyll and hyde and the fulltone overdrives. iv'e heard these names alot. i know it goes without saying, but I'm looking for quality sound and versatile eq.
thanks
i have the J&H, its a great pedal, the Jekyll is an OD clone of the TS808 and the Hyde channel is a nice distortion that can go from a blues tone to high gain distortion.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
The OD on a sweet vintage Fender tube amp is unbeatable. That is, if you can afford a sweet, vintage Fender tube amp.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Tarzan_man
Bad Monkey is a hell of a good pedal for 40 quid.
Specially when mine was £32
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Kartman
The OD on a sweet vintage Fender tube amp is unbeatable. That is, if you can afford a sweet, vintage Fender tube amp.

Hehe. My Champ was 400 Euro. I guess you can't really call it vintage; it's too new for that (1976), but it's still old enough to have point-to-point wiring.
yeah i heard good things about the bad monkey. making me wana buy it..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Throw away that digitech, and then get some sort of boutique OD, it's all preference though.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30