Hey, I'm a huge fan of reusing and recycling anything and everything I can, does anyone else desolder broken electronics for parts? Or am I the only one.. I'm using some resistors I got in an old radio for my next pedal build.

Speaking of next pedals, has anyone built This?

I know its not a REAL schematic, but I'm gonna see if this guy's booster is worth a shit...
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
well, no, cause electrical components I steal from my lab. I mean... they're really cheap. You could probably buy a 10 pack of resistors for like... 10 cents
I get mostly wire,... diodes are one of the more useful things I've salvaged, used em to make my BMP. oddly I found on of my transistors in a garage door opener =| I've pulled pots and caps too, but generally the leads are so short it's not worth the time and... burns... However, it's sometimes cheaper when ya have a dead radio, telephone or whatever really that ya got free to rip em out,... and sometimes easier to get the right values :P
Last edited by vsabinring at Mar 2, 2007,
I normally salvage pots, jacks, and occaisionally IC's, I don't bother with other stuff as it's all cheap to buy.
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

Erm, Pots? thats all thats really worth salvaging.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Motors are quite expensive, I've salvaged a couple steppers from a printer. And an IR receiver from something which I suspect was a VCR (it was in terrible shape). And many other more costly components. Other than that, the odds of finding resistors or capacitors of the right values are slim.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I found 2 resistors to use in that booster, a 10k and 100k, they were either out of an old radio or a crappy mini amp, i cant remember, cause i mixed all that stuff together... meh
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310