Is there anyway I can get a delay pedal effect from putting something like infront of my amp?

Like I'm thinking a metal cylinder or something would reverberate the sound? Any way I can get an ambient-esque sound from my amp without a delay pedal?
not as far as i know
i dont think so...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
you could wrap a delay pedal in something that doesnt look like a delay pedal. like a lamp or a oscilloscope.
but that would include a delay pedal

and the ts doesnt want one....for some reason

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Y0UNGBL00D
you could wrap a delay pedal in something that doesnt look like a delay pedal. like a lamp or a oscilloscope.

BRILLIANT!!! *clangs beer mugs*
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Have your guitar run into two amps. One with about 10 feet of cable and one with about 50 miles of cable.
Quote by Gutch220
Have your guitar run into two amps. One with about 10 feet of cable and one with about 50 miles of cable.

Why don't you want to use a delay pedal?
Maybe a reverb tank?
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

Quote by Gutch220

omg
REVERB!

Or CHORUS

or a bit of FLANGER

even consider a PHASER
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Plug a microphone into your computer, then connect the output to another amp. The computer will have to convert analog to digital, and then digital to analog. This should cause a delay of at least a couple of milliseconds.