So i am the oh so common newbie. ive played for like 2 months and have a piece of shit first act me506 i think. i also have a gorilla gb 20 bass amp. I was just wondering besides bying a new setup what shoulld i do to try to mprove my condition. The guitar plays ok an dhas somewhat decent tone but wont stay in tune and has a single humbucker. PLZ help. long ago you might have been in my spot
yeah, i wouldnt bother with staying with a first act. just get a new guitar. it is worth it , believe me. ask your parents that if you pay half for a new guitar, if they would pay the rest. thats what my parents do with me. it works out really well. but first acts are really just that: for your first act. maybe after a few months i would buy a new and better guitar.
You could try practicing.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or the neck will crack... and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
Honestly, you're a beginner who's been playing for 2 months...I don't know if you need a tight set up...well, until you THINK You need it. And yeah, I was in your spot but didn't complain until I had the motivation into getting better...

Just do good in school and ask your parents to pay for some of it.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by WaggyPlankUSA
yeah, i wouldnt bother with staying with a first act. just get a new guitar. it is worth it , believe me. ask your parents that if you pay half for a new guitar, if they would pay the rest. thats what my parents do with me. it works out really well. but first acts are really just that: for your first act. maybe after a few months i would buy a new and better guitar.

thats why i have a first act cuz i have to pay myself and i am 16 buying my food and clothes and shit sooooo.....
Last edited by tyhack117 at Mar 2, 2007,
Quote by Jongpil Yun
Help what. Like, you want a new guitar/amp? What's your price range?

well guitar my amp is half ass decent despite being from 87'