On my second fret, 3rd string (from the thinnest), there is a huge amount of buzz and the note barely even rings, just makes almost a plink noise. Other than raising my bridge's action (which I won't do), what could I do to remedy this? The frets and the nut don't seem worn at all, so I doubt that's the problem, and the neck appears to be straight. :S It's extremely annoying though...should the truss rod be slightly loosened to allow a minimal dip in the neck?
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
well, u can slip a bit of paper under the string at the cut in the nut. if it stops the buzz, it means the cut is a little low.

if u adjust the neck, ull be adjusting all the strings in relation to the neck.

so check the nut cut. then repost.

sometimes a new string can help too. a kink can cause the same type of problem uve decribed.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^doesnt matter. it's up at the 2rd fret.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

if it's the first few frets, it's usually a combination of a fret that's a little high, and or a nut cut that's a little low, mixed in with a neck that's a little straight or back bowed.

usually u can do a combination of one or two things to get the buzzing to stop.

also keep in mind, newer players might have a harder time fretting Low E strings near the top.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
well, u can slip a bit of paper under the string at the cut in the nut. if it stops the buzz, it means the cut is a little low.

if u adjust the neck, ull be adjusting all the strings in relation to the neck.

so check the nut cut. then repost.

sometimes a new string can help too. a kink can cause the same type of problem uve decribed.

I never thought of that, I'll be sure to do it when I change my strings. That'll be sure to raise the string enough to prevent it from buzzing.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
try adjusting the position of the string at the bridge, helped with me