Has anyone got this?. Is it any good?. I need to run several applications better than im doing now-my pc is 4 yrs old tho and has a basic video card.
i dont think you should install it if you pc is that old,i got a free copy cuz i just got another new computer but im gone wait a while before installin it,let all the major bugs get fixed first..
If you computer is 4 years old then you going to need a new computer or a serious up grade. There are still a lot of bugs in it right now to. Give it a few months and I think its going to be pretty nice.
I don't understand how people are saying there are bugs in it when I had the RC1 release approximately 4 months before it was released and it only had 1 bug I could find.
mmmk.
Send us your specs (RAM, Processor Speed/Name, Mobo (if possible), Graphics card

Then we may be able to help you.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Sorry, my last post was dumb.

If you need apps to run better, Vista is NOT a good way to go for a 4 year old basic comp - it will actually eat MORE power.

Upgrade your system or buy a new one, and stick with some form of XP for a while until Vista has been upgraded a few times and has been running optimally for a few more months.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by ScoobySnacks
Has anyone got this?. Is it any good?. I need to run several applications better than im doing now-my pc is 4 yrs old tho and has a basic video card.

I don't care if your computer was top-of-the-line four years ago... if you left it completely stock, you'd be lucky running home basic.

Get a new computer. Its worth it.
Quote by ScoobySnacks

Do you dl music? talk on msn or AOL? play comp games? or do anything other then internet and what is installed on the comp at the moment? If yes then Windows Vista is not for you... but if it is a must that you get it remember this:
Open the Start menu, and in the search box, type "Cmd" and wait for the results box to populate. Right-click on the cmd shortcut that appears and select Run as administrator. You'll probably have to acknowledge a UAC prompt to get it done.

Once you're at the command prompt, type the following:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

You should get a success message back.

it will be the most useful thing you do lol
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by ScoobySnacks
i just wanted someone to explain the features of vista and how good they are.

sorry for the double , but the only decent feature about vista is the mini window to show what is happening on another program that appears when you put ur cursor over the tab like so

note the WoW at the bottom:P
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
i just got a new laptop which only came with vista. my only gripe with it is that iTunes doesn't work on it. so i cant use my ipod with it, but there is windows media center which is great.