sorry, i've got the first 2 MALEVOLENT CREATIONS albums: retribution and 10 commandments.
if you like slayer, then you have to get these 2 albums off "the" russian download site (mp... something-or-other) ... if its still up. its where i got them from

nothing ever will come close.

*** MINDLOCK ***
I don't know if I'd say the ultimate metal amp. There are Krank amps, and lots of heavy bands use Mesa Boogie. But it sounded pretty good.
metal heads: 5150, krank, madison divinity, mesa boogie, and the triple xxx. can all give you a pretty bad ass sound.
Washburn X50
Peavey Triple XXX
BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer
MXR M-134 Smart Gate
Furman M8
B-52 LG412
Ehh.. It's a hard call between the 5150's(Peavey), Krank, and Mesa/Boogie.

It's easily among the best of metal amps, but I'm not sure if I would say it's the best. I personally love them with a passion, I just don't want to sound arrogant for saying they're the best.
Current Gear :
Jackson USA Made SL1 Soloist (SnakeSkin Finish)
Jackson Jap Made SL1 Soloist!
Ultimate metal amp? FAR from the BEST. But for its price, its awesome.

And no friggin kidding its going to beat out Marshall for that kind of *crappy* music.
The ULTIMATE metal amp would be the Bogner Uberschall. The Peavey, Mesa, and Krank are just good/fairly decent amps.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Ultimate metal amp? FAR from the BEST. But for its price, its awesome.

And no friggin kidding its going to beat out Marshall for that kind of *crappy* music.

...Slayer... Crappy?

I think this post speaks for itself.

EDIT:

That tone sounded like shit.

And the playing was meh.

I like Slayer with their Marshalls. Its what makes them Slayer.
^+1
repent blasphemer
I'm with Geno, I prefer Slayer with Marshalls. Guy sounded pretty good to me though.
Edit: you may be right about the time though.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Mar 2, 2007,
Quote by TehJermie
^ And you wouldn't be an Uberschall fanboy at all, now would you?

hehe. Perhaps.

Theres no denying its tonal superiority though. No Dual/Triple Rectifier, 6505+, Krank, or Marshall is anywhere close. I hope to buy an Uber in the near future.
5150/6505 = ok metal for poor musicians. I'd perfer to buying a used Engl or VHT instead. Oh, Don't forget randalls...
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
...Slayer... Crappy?

I think this post speaks for itself.

Its an opinion. Dont get your panties tied in a knot over it.
Quote by kurdtkobaign

Slayer can do no wrong.

Shut your face.

When did if they were GOOD or not come into play? Obviously signs point to them owning because of the fact that they've had a 20-25 year career and toured every inch of the world, releasing around a dozen (13, I think) and headlining for the last oh 15 years?

Not to mention you're walking a fine line to getting creamed by the fact that you listen to screamo, which is one of the lowliest genres of music in existence. Ever.

So why does a screamo fanboy, IE, underoath lover, get to say SLAYER suck, when its quite obvious that not only do slayer completely OWN underoath talent wise, that they're also more successful and generally kick ass exponentially?

From the standpoint of the fan of a bunch of no talent bands YOU certainly aren't one to judge because your veiled jealousy and blind dislike for a band cannot be hidden behind the excuse that its an 'opinion' mostly due to the fact that YOU brought up the "Opinion" and obviously yours is a very misguided one.
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at Mar 2, 2007,
Quote by MrSandMan
5150/6505 = ok metal for poor musicians

wtf!? those amp are like a grand plus. my randall warhead cost £500 and gives me a more than decent metal tone
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Tone was okay, could have turned it up though, hard to hear it over the backing track. I've heard some stuff done with 5150's before though that sounded amazing.

I'm also surprised that no-one has commented o the fact that Krank has been referred to multiple times as one of the 'Ultimate metal amps' and compared to the likes of Mesa, Bogner, Peavey and hell, even Marshall
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
meh its alright, anyone can have their gain and eat it

i prefer something called tone, not the word "brutal" appearing in my amps description

i see Mr King has his new siggy marshall, like to see how that is
Quote by GNR4EVER
Tone was okay, could have turned it up though, hard to hear it over the backing track. I've heard some stuff done with 5150's before though that sounded amazing.

I'm also surprised that no-one has commented o the fact that Krank has been referred to multiple times as one of the 'Ultimate metal amps' and compared to the likes of Mesa, Bogner, Peavey and hell, even Marshall

Krank amps kick alot of ass. Do you have a problem with that?
Quote by serbusfish
wtf!? those amp are like a grand plus. my randall warhead cost £500 and gives me a more than decent metal tone

wyp? My Spider II gives me a decent metal tone for @s cheap as a hooker.

Without all that horrible 5150 fizz.... (but I guess that's subjective tone)
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
Quote by kurdtkobaign

I understand and agree it's your opinion... But how can you not think Slayer owns all? I was going to go to downlaod this year to see them but to be honest only one day is good and I just cant be arsed to go all that way for a measly 6 - 8 hours... =/
^(genocide) I just think they're overrated, didn't like the tones I heard from them. Wouldn't compare them with some of the other names in this thread but If you like them that's cool
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by GNR4EVER
^(genocide) I just think they're overrated, didn't like the tones I heard from them. Wouldn't compare them with some of the other names in this thread but If you like them that's cool

I don't really like them, but they're pretty good. They're definitely a professional level amplifier. Yes, they break on occasion. My friend went through THREE brand new marshalls in a few months. What does that say?

Its not impossible to get a good tone out of them, either. I've done it, so everyone else should be able to.
Quote by Ubershall404
The ULTIMATE metal amp would be the Bogner Uberschall. The Peavey, Mesa, and Krank are just good/fairly decent amps.

I second that. They are the best. Although i don't like Peavey, Mesa, or Krank. KRANK LICKS BALLS!!!!!!!!!
Quote by MrSandMan
wyp? My Spider II gives me a decent metal tone for @s cheap as a hooker.

Without all that horrible 5150 fizz.... (but I guess that's subjective tone)

5150 fizz = bad speaker cab :P
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (Black Cherry)
Peavey 6505 Plus Head: 120W all-tube goodness
Peavey 6505 4x12 Slant Cab
Tacoma Somethin-or-other Acoustic (i bought it used)
Quote by n0e
5150 fizz = bad speaker cab :P

Gotta wonder. My 5150 is rather quiet. But ive got some tungsols in it that are much nicer than the shat JJs that I tried before. Also, most kids crank the gain, which doesnt always yield great results.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Quote by serbusfish

i want a warhead
Hey, would you guys recommend an Engl Fireball or a 6505/5150 for a death metal tone similar to say, Arsis or Gorod, or something along those lines?
Last edited by The Dark Wind at Mar 30, 2007,
I hear that you shouldn't use EMGs with a Fireball.. The tone becomes really thin apparantly...
In my experiance the Fireball is pretty thin. The bass hasn't got ALL that going for it. Still a faboulus amp. I don't need that extra tumpy bass. The bass handles that
I have to say I prefer Framus to Bogner, as the Framus has a more articulate tone, whereas the Uberschall is very bass, and its mid-voicing is usually kind of on the muddy side, as it usually sounds very scooped.

Either way, I prefer loosing a bit of gain, and going VHT or Soldano. They might not be as heavy as the Framus or Bogner, as they will usually only do Thrash and Glam, but the tone they put it is, IMO, superior.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
^ i agree i prefer the lower gain of high gain amps to the Framus' Mesas and Bogners of the World. I like Splawns, VHTs, SOldanos, and marshalls. I own a firball its very nice a bit thin but not bad.
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
wow thats over the top mids in that clip
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Quote by The Dark Wind
Hey, would you guys recommend an Engl Fireball or a 6505/5150 for a death metal tone similar to say, Arsis or Gorod, or something along those lines?

I personally like the Engl Fireball and Powerball. The 6505/5150 are okay, but are so overused and boring sounding. ENGL is becoming more commercial, but if you can find one, go for it.