My Gov. teacher was talking to us today about some sort of codes that you can type into your phone, and certain stuff happens.

He said *3370# would give you longer battery life if you had a low battery. There were other things, too, but I can't remember them. And does it matter what type of phone you have? Cuz I have the VX8500 (Chocolate), and I'm not sure if that will work.
Your Gov. teacher does crack.
Quote by xchiefx
sometimes, i put socks over my hands and talk to them

Quote by Blues Breaker
Australia FTW
Search your phone model + hacks in google. You will find a lot.
And the battery life expands because that code makes the antena less powerful.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

While hacking a cell might be possible, I really doubt that battery life thing.
A battery has what it has, it can't just magically conjur up more juice to keep it running. When it's low, it's low, and it needs power. Theres just no way that a code could do that, unless it's some kind of energy sucking machine that extracts some kind of power from the air.

....It won't work.

EDIT:
The antena thing sounds possible but then why would you use your cell with godaweful/no reception?
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Worst username ever.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Worst username ever.

+1

And extending batt. life sounds rediculuous, if it does make the antenna weak, then wtf is the point?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by PW019-box
you're ALL faggots.

Says the guy who giggles at the word erection.
Quote by Hovertruck
Yao Yao
Quote by AngilasGuy
While hacking a cell might be possible, I really doubt that battery life thing.
A battery has what it has, it can't just magically conjur up more juice to keep it running. When it's low, it's low, and it needs power. Theres just no way that a code could do that, unless it's some kind of energy sucking machine that extracts some kind of power from the air.

....It won't work.

EDIT:
The antena thing sounds possible but then why would you use your cell with godaweful/no reception?

If you're in a high traffic area, you can operate without much of an antenna.
You can change settings on your phone so that certain operations don't run, which cuts the power demands of the phone, so the battery lasts longer. Same as what the power management feature does on laptops.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
you're ALL faggots.

ummm..... why?
Worst username ever.

yeah, i don't even listen to slipknot anymore, but at the time i joined i really liked it.

And the battery life expands because that code makes the antenna less powerful.

This makes a lot of sense. I didn't believe him when he was talking about it because I didn't think most of the stuff could work, but I guess one of the other things he mentioned worked for other people. And I think he may do crack, but that's beside the point.
Quote by rbmason
If you're in a high traffic area, you can operate without much of an antenna.
You can change settings on your phone so that certain operations don't run, which cuts the power demands of the phone, so the battery lasts longer. Same as what the power management feature does on laptops.

I never thought of that.
I guess my initial thought of what the streadstarter said was along the lines of "type in 1337 for godmode" and it sounded ridiculous.
Quote by Hovertruck
Yao Yao
Quote by IfUr555Im666
ummm..... why?

'cause this is a faggoty ass thing to do, come on little . umm. . slipknot fans are. . . . maggots!, come on little maggot, you know how faggoty ass it is.

Quote by AngilasGuy
Says the guy who giggles at the word erection.

sounds like someone is deep enough in his closet to find christmas presents.
Am i allowed to say erection?

p.s. erection, hahahaha.
Quote by PW019-box

Hey, while you are in there, can you hand me my coat?
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by PW019-box

Ouch.
Quote by Hovertruck
Yao Yao
Quote by Metal-X
Hey, while you are in there, can you hand me my coat?

metal-xxxxx, i thought we had this discussion about the homo-erotical-sexual community of u.g.
*somewhat disapointed*
oh well better luck next time mann
Am i allowed to say erection?

p.s. erection, hahahaha.
Quote by PW019-box
metal-xxxxx, i thought we had this discussion about the homo-erotical-sexual community of u.g.
*somewhat disapointed*
oh well better luck next time mann

man, you are such a tosser.

seriously, every thread i see you in you add absolutely nothing to the discussion, you are a pathetic, stereotypical pig. Just go die, the pit doesn't need faggots like you screwing everything around... leave now, and never return.

O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by Snowblind 911
man, you are such a tosser.

seriously, every thread i see you in you add absolutely nothing to the discussion, you are a pathetic, stereotypical pig. Just go die, the pit doesn't need faggots like you screwing everything around... leave now, and never return.

Go you smart December 06'er. That other guy... saying shit about christmas presents... Piss off!!! We don't like people like you. All you do is go into threads and start arguing with people, not even talking about what the thread is about!... [sound like anyone? (ME)] Lol jk, 'cause now I actually WILL talk about this mobile phone shit.

I think that code is dumb... like you lose the power of your antenna to save you once. Next time the battery went low, you wouldn't be able to do it again... would you? If you couldn't, then you're ****ed =] Well not really, since its only a stupid mobile phone, which you don't actually need to live a normal life...
Quote by IfUr555Im666
My Gov. teacher was talking to us today about some sort of codes that you can type into your phone, and certain stuff happens.

He said *3370# would give you longer battery life if you had a low battery. There were other things, too, but I can't remember them. And does it matter what type of phone you have? Cuz I have the VX8500 (Chocolate), and I'm not sure if that will work.

He is talking a load of bollocks me thinks.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Yeah, it reduces signal power, so you get slightly more battery life. There's another code you put in, to get this code you can give to the cops if your phone is stolen, and they can completely block your phone.
wtf??
Quote by metaldud635
Has anyone ever caught their parents doing it?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, multiple times, and I usually joined in, still do in fact.

Quote by Vagabond21
Aaahh yes, the great state of Kentucky
only thing like that which i know of is a code you put in that tells you what date your phone was made on and some other random info like that. can't remember what it was now though.
from daylight...
...into darkness
I have a Motorola RAZR V3t and there are a lot of things you can do to it.

It's not so much random codes you can type into your keypad. On the Motorolas, you can do what they call "Seem Edits" which is where you actually go in and change the binary code of the phone. For instance, if you change seem A4-3 from a 0 to a 1, it will change something. I don't know if that's a real one, or if I'm even remembering the names of the seems correctly, but that's the idea.

On mine, I changed to display "club lights" where the phone actually responds to external noise and lights up different parts of the phone. If I were listening to music, it will light up the keypad, screen, outer screen, etc... to the beat. There are other functions, like changing how it stores text messages so you can increase the available memory and stuff, too.

I know a lot of people use this to unlock features the provider limits which are inherently stored on the phone by the manufacturer (for instance, if your phone has a camera or something, but it doesn't work because of your provider).

The only thing is that you have to be extremely careful. One wrong turn and you just turned your phone into a paper weight. You can find the initial program files your provider installs on your phone when they receive it from the manufacturer, but you have to be careful to get the exact model for your phone/provider.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
Threadstarter, I think this may answer at least some of your questions.
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
Quote by Snowblind 911
the pit doesn't need faggots like you screwing everything around...

Well, more like the pit doesn't need any more.
Quote by Hovertruck
Yao Yao
Quote by AngilasGuy
Well, more like the pit doesn't need any more.

indeed, i stand corrected.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by Woo!Yay!
Yeah, it reduces signal power, so you get slightly more battery life. There's another code you put in, to get this code you can give to the cops if your phone is stolen, and they can completely block your phone.

That would be *#06# if i recall correctly.