i love my electric, but i started learning on an acoustic (i didnt hav a strap so i played sitting down). now whenever i play my electric standing up, it feels weird. my hand kinda juts out and my wrist gets sore. wat do u think i should do?
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/NotsodumbnowamI.jpg[/img]
George Bush - "More than just a euphanism of pubic hair" - Colin Mocharie

MySpace be my friend,...... please?

Quote by iamded
My god... so simple... yet so fucking genius! You rock.
tighten your strap, i had the same problem and now i play the same standing or sitting.
My Gear:

Ibanez RGT42FX
Fender Strat Copy
Ashton Quarter Size Classical
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Multi-FX Pedal
FAB Metal Pedal
Two Hands
it takes getting used to,

higher your strap, so its to the point of where it would be if you were sitting down, and slowly lower it..

i used to play pretty low for a while, then i tightened it up and played it high, then my shoulder got sore so i put it down a bit, now its pretty perfect, not too high not too low...it takes some time to get the sweet spot, but itll happen, just keep playing...Try practicing all the time standing up, and eventually youll figure it out.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Same thing happened when i started to play my acoustic standing up you'll get used to it
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
You can.Just don't put it THAT low,unless you're James Hetfield or Slash
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
play with your teeth, like Hendrix, that should relieve all back pain by diverting your thoughts to the mouth pain that occurs when you try it
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Whenever you practice, practice standing up. I remember playing with the guitar on a strap felt weird for a couple weeks but you get used to it pretty quickly.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
same thing happens to me...when i play on my ibanez its worse tho, it doesnt hurt at all when i play on my friends gibson sg...maybe just strap height tho
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
My suggestion is to have your guitar up higher and when practicing use the classical posistion.
for me its really weird.. when i play sitting.. i can play pretty good without looking at the fretboard sometimes too. but when i play standing up i cant pick good, i cant see what im playing and most of all it just feels weird.. what do i do?
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
for me its really weird.. when i play sitting.. i can play pretty good without looking at the fretboard sometimes too. but when i play standing up i cant pick good, i cant see what im playing and most of all it just feels weird.. what do i do?

dont be afraid to adjust your strap, get your strap to a comfterble height and just practice like hell until you get used to it :P
My Gear:

Ibanez RGT42FX
Fender Strat Copy
Ashton Quarter Size Classical
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Multi-FX Pedal
FAB Metal Pedal
Two Hands
Quote by deathcore
My suggestion is to have your guitar up higher and when practicing use the classical posistion.

i agree 100%

playing in classical position is similiar to playing in standing up
It doesn't hurt to have your guitar above the waistline. Hell, look at Tom Morello and EVERYONE knows he's cool
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Even Hendrix had his guitar pretty high and everyone associates him with pure uber-coolness! Don't be scared to have it high up!
Member #29 of the "Use Your Fecking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.

Current Gear: Hamer XT Sunburst Qlt
Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Other then keeping your guitar higher up so it's not low and uncomfortable, just practice playing standing up. Everyone has that issue at first. It gets better.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by druz15_UG
play with your teeth, like Hendrix, that should relieve all back pain by diverting your thoughts to the mouth pain that occurs when you try it

hendrix didn't actually play with his teeth. he was doing hard hammer-ons to sound the notes, not using his teeth to pick them.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Practice more.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Most people start with their guitars slung real low, looking cool. I can't do it, wrist hurts. Then I saw a concert DVD of Judas Priest and saw how high up Glen Tipton plays his guitar. I adjusted and it's much better. John Petrucci's guitar rides pretty high too.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
i dont think playing the guitar really low is considered cool anymore... i noticed alot of guitarists nowadays play it at normal height... with the body of guitar at about where the waistline is.
Quote by Blompcube
hendrix didn't actually play with his teeth. he was doing hard hammer-ons to sound the notes, not using his teeth to pick them.

A guy I knew used to play the national anthem (in our case Advance Australia Fair) with his teeth (or appear to) as part of his act. During one gig he snapped a string across his face - nasty.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
I find that i can play with my guitar low and normal height, playing high kills my strumming arm, its just not normal, you also look like The Artic Monkeys, and who wants to be associated with them?
I had the same problem. I started playing with the body at the waistline, and it's a comfortable way to play, and a lot of guitarists have actually started jammin' it like that. So it's all good! But honestly, the whole "to the knees" thing is pretty old. So the waistline's good. Try it, see what you think!
I like to have my guitar just about jacked up on my chest. No, Seriously. Everyone learns guitar sitting down, that's the downfall right there. I started on a classical acoustic, But my uncle was smart enough to tell me NEVER play sitting down. Now. It's hard to do, but it helps. I play just as good standing as I do sitting down, But the hidth of your guitar is all about personal preference. I like it high, Not a body on my knees.
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!