is this bass good for figner style playing as well (like soft rhcp style)? or should i get the one with the bridge pickup as well?". ar the pups on it good? i have a bass with single coil pickups like it and a crap amp, if i buy a standard p-bass, will it sound slightly better? are the p pups on the special one the same as the standard, or crappier?
Don't double post. The pickups in it aren't so great to begin with, and the bridge is also terrible. With a few upgrades though, it will play great.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
i love mine!
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
I just sold mine. But it did have better pickups than my Squier. Also, I had the chance to A/B it with a Fender 70's bass, and obviously it was a pale shadow.

The pups in the Standard are okay. A lot of people tend to upgrade their pups and the bridge (usually to a Leo Quan Badass II).

All in all, it's a nice Precision and definately a step up an an intermediate level bass.

If you have a crap amp, you might also want to look into investing in a better amp too.
Quote by N01
h31p

dont double post, nor bump your own threads.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by shut_up_you_***
I just sold mine. But it did have better pickups than my Squier. Also, I had the chance to A/B it with a Fender 70's bass, and obviously it was a pale shadow.

The pups in the Standard are okay. A lot of people tend to upgrade their pups and the bridge (usually to a Leo Quan Badass II).

All in all, it's a nice Precision and definately a step up an an intermediate level bass.

If you have a crap amp, you might also want to look into investing in a better amp too.

Yep, great to upgrade.
Ahh Weenum got there before me. Jazz bass are very versilitile and the necks are much nicer, the jazz bass is a bit weightier than a p bass but that shouldnt be no problem right?

I got my Jazz bass a few months ago and it's really come into it's prime now when i've been experiementing with more funk (specifically RHCP style I guess) and jazz but I guess thats what they built it for.

If you wanted more of a P bass sound from a Jazz bass you can swap the pups out for some with a higher output or if you don't mind doing some custom work re wiring it with a push pull pot so you can take the pups into paralelle then series. This definatly will make it sound more P like, Fender actually have this on their American standard models (s-1 switching)