So i got a pretty nice deal for v7 and v8 pups,and I was wondering,are they any good? It's from a prestige model,so I'm thinking that it may be good?What are your opinions?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
yeah, i guess they would be pretty good... probably are made by dimarzio.
pretty sure they are made by ibanez. my friend has a super expensive prestige with them, but ive never heard him play it. they must be pretty decent pickups if they come with a prestige

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
It's in an RG1570
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
They are stock pickups for RGs aren't they?
Mine certainly has them but newer ones seem to come with DiMarzios, which I guess are better.
Depends what you currently have, I suppose.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
Nope. They kida suck but they can be made good. The neck is wound to 8k and has a ceramic magnet. This makes the neck sound thin and boaring. The bridge is wound to 16k which is very respectable, but it has an alnico magnet because people think alnico is the new pink and Ibanez is giving people what people think they want. Problem is people don't really know wht they want. The alnico magnet in the bridge makes it sound muddy and weak.

If you take the alnico magnet out of the bridge and put it in the neck it will decrease the neck output, overall but it will increase the mids which is what your ear can hear so it will sound louder. It will also make the pickup sound very full and it almost acoustic when played clean.

Then you are left with the question of what to do with your bridge. Put the ceramic magnet that you took out of the neck into the bridge and your bridge pickup will sound better then it did to begin with. It will not be good for cleans, but your neck pickup will be good enough at cleans that you won't need your bridge for cleans. Your bridge will have some bite with the ceramic but it could still be made better by swapping the magnet for some neomagnets.

All and all, the V7 and V8 suck on their own, but they can be made into some really nice pickups. They cannot be made into great pickups though. I Sold my V7 and V8 for 30 quid which is about the right price.
Not taking any online orders.