Page 1 of 3
Okay, maybe not, but something strange happened a little while ago.

I was walking back from the train station having missed my train to college and as I took my MP3 player out of my pocket and started to unravel the headphones for some reason I thought about Hollow by Pantera and how I hadn't heard that song in quite a few weeks. Anyway, I turned on my MP3 player which is full of Satch, Pantera and a load of CR bands and skipped the end of the last track that was playing prior to turning off the MP3 player the day before. Now, the MP3 player is on shuffle and you'll never guess what the next song was that came on...

Yep, you guessed it: Hollow by Pantera. What are the odds?

Anyway, share your strange coincidences.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Mar 2, 2007,
I had the though of "Man, I'm gonna go into the pit and see a whole bunch of stupid threads, then I'm going to post in one".

Go figure.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Sometimes, I get strange flashes of Deja Vu and can always predict what will happen next.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
well, one time i bought a lottery scratchcard, and i thought to myself, this was a waste of money. then, i won 1000$. phail.
Once I was driving along (well actually my Mum was driving) and I was a guy. I thought "Hey, he looks like Mr. Molly (A teacher at my school). On closer observation, I realised it wasn't him.

About 5 seconds later I looked out the window and who did I see? The guy who the other person looked like. It was freakish.
......I See Dead People......
now siriously, once, i was walking home from school, and as iwas walking by my friends house i thought "wouldent it be funny if his guitar will suddenly fall out of his window and explod".......guess what......it didnt......im not psychic.
shit!
Quote by jozef the great
......I See Dead People......
now siriously, once, i was walking home from school, and as iwas walking by my friends house i thought "wouldent it be funny if his guitar will suddenly fall out of his window and explod".......guess what......it didnt......im not psychic.
shit!

Guess what...... You aren't funny either.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Alter-Bridge

Says you Mr Original

Well I have had numerous deja vu experiences, and from time I know the answer to a question before I receive it. EG: I ask Dad how long his meeting will be and I think "An hour and a half" quite clearly, then bam, I get the same response.
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
Quote by Alter-Bridge

Guess what.....

No seriously, guess what.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
I didn't study for my midterm today because I didn't think that school would be open.
Turns out I was right.
I thought this semester would be just as shitty as the previous. It is.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I thought this semester would be just as shitty as the previous. It is.
Haha! I know the feeling!

To the threadstarter - have you kept track of all the times when you wanted a particular song and by a strange coincidence it wasn't the first song that came up? Crazy stuff I know.
Last time I was out drinking I drank quite alot and I had a feeling I'd wake up hungover... but I didn't. I guess I'm not psychic like the rest of you guys
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I thought of some guy at my school who I hardly even talk to and looked up for no reason then he walked round the corner
Lol I had the same thing happen to me, few years ago now though.

I was thinking of Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz. I was just walkin along, clicked next on my ipod and bam it comes on. I got tingles.

I try to guess now and again but it never works

Btw I have about 500 songs on my ipod so it was quite cool!
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
The ipod thing ALWAYS happens to me. I've started to think it might be more psychological than just.... future predicting.... like if your ipod is on shuffle, you will think 'ooh i havent heard that song in ages', cos it hasn't come up in the shuffle yet. Which means it's still to come, and theres a greater chance it will be that song. Or that's what i tell myself, because about 6 or 7 times out of 10 my shuffle gives me the song i was thinking about. Weird.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
The ipod thing ALWAYS happens to me. I've started to think it might be more psychological than just.... future predicting.... like if your ipod is on shuffle, you will think 'ooh i havent heard that song in ages', cos it hasn't come up in the shuffle yet. Which means it's still to come, and theres a greater chance it will be that song. Or that's what i tell myself, because about 6 or 7 times out of 10 my shuffle gives me the song i was thinking about. Weird.

Unlikely. I don't think MP3 players' shuffle function is programmed to play every song at least once over a period of time, it's just randomsied. In some instances, the same song has been repeated even though it was on shuffle. Besides, the MP3 player doesn't store a list of songs that were on the previous shuffle list after it has been turned off.

Quote by Smokey Amp
Unlikely. I don't think MP3 players' shuffle function is programmed to play every song at least once over a period of time, it's just randomsied. In some instances, the same song has been repeated even though it was on shuffle. Besides, the MP3 player doesn't store a list of songs that were on the previous shuffle list after it has been turned off.

yeah the psychic theory is much more plausible

my old mp3 player would play a rather predictable shuffle, doesn't matter if you turned it on or off
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I was talking to some friends about that More Cowbell skit, and then we got on talking about whether the actual version had a cowbell or not, we couldn't decide. And as we were all walking out to the car, I said "You know what'd be awesome? If that song came on the radio as soon as we get in the car".... and guess what, it did. I was quite amazed.
Quote by Kensai
yeah the psychic theory is much more plausible

Putting words in my mouth, are we?

There's no such thing as psychic abilities, I just put this down to coincidence.

There is such thing as psychic abilities. There is a lot we still don't understand about the brain.

My best mate is a twin, and her and her sister used to do this thing where they would sit in seperate rooms and one of them would concentrate really hard on an image, the other would be able to draw it.
i get deja vu all the time if that counts........
brian........ top marks for not trying
There is no such thing as paranormal/psychic abilities/telekynesis. Decades of serious research, and not a shred of evidence was found.

ESP, paranormal phenomena, ghosts, spirits and all that, are bullshit.

However, if you're convinced that you have psychic powers, this guy offers 1 million dollars if you can prove it.

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Last edited by Mad Marius at Mar 2, 2007,
There is no such thing as paranormal/psychic abilities/telekynesis. Decades of serious research, and not a shred of evidence was found.

ESP, paranormal phenomena, ghosts, spirits and all that, are bullshit.

However, if you're convinced that you have psychic powers, this guy offers 1 million dollars if you can prove it.

alright - i predict that you will never eat people!!
Well I don't know if this really counts, but I know some people so well that I can just predict what they're gonna say next...

Oh and I've had multiple De Ja Vu experiences but they have been lessering lately. <<Does that sentence make sense?
Quote by doomnight
Well I don't know if this really counts, but I know some people so well that I can just predict what they're gonna say next...

Oh and I've had multiple De Ja Vu experiences but they have been lessering lately. <<Does that sentence make sense?

me too!! when my mate is going to say something stupid i know it before she says it and can warn her not to so she doesn't look like a gimp!!!!
Quote by Partyboy2k05
pwned, lol. You should do that and split the money.

lmao!! :P:
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
There is such thing as psychic abilities. There is a lot we still don't understand about the brain.

That's just a speculation. I think it's quite naive to believe that the remaining parts of the brain yet to be researched are the parts that hold certain paranormal "powers" beyond human capability. It's just a convenient statistic they can use to enforce their beliefs until it is proved wrong. A lot of people with extreme beliefs like to rest their hats on things that cannot be proven, thus giving them an infallible angle in their debate.

Harry Houdini told his wife a secret password before he died and told her to retrieve that password from people who claim to be spiritualists after he was gone. He said he would try and transmit the message to her from beyond the grave. None of them were ever able to give her that password. Now, that's a claim that mediums are illegitimate, but I think the same holds true for psychics.

Last edited by Smokey Amp at Mar 2, 2007,
Quote by 08lsta
me too!! when my mate is going to say something stupid i know it before she says it and can warn her not to so she doesn't look like a gimp!!!!

Hahahaa... I'm not as talented as to know everything they're gonna say. Only when I ask them pretty simple questions... Like, erm... meh I can't think of an example, **** it.
I think we just might have a shot. It wouldn't be the most outrageous claim on there. Some guy claimed he could move galaxies with his mind. Come to think of it, I can too. *Focuses*. There. Moved.

no one can say if there is or isn't such a thing as being able to predict the future. i don't think any of us has done tests to see if it's true!!! but if you want to believe your strange exprience was paranormal then i think you should believe it and not let anyone tell you your wrong!!!
I agree, it was just coincidence. The psychic thing is going off topic.
My MP3 player does it all the time. Id play a song, then Id say what would be next and it'd play. Also, it tends to play some songs more than others, despite it being on random.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Quote by doomnight
Hahahaa... I'm not as talented as to know everything they're gonna say. Only when I ask them pretty simple questions... Like, erm... meh I can't think of an example, **** it.

once she met an irish person who looked like he pumped iron constantly and i knew she was going to impersonate the accent so i stopped her before she got a black eye!!
some of these replys r were intrestring but others r just OK. HELLO EVERYONE
Im an Emo girl Who looks 4 other Emo girls.

I supprt the Emo groups all around this world.

I fall 4 EMO girls. Their so freakin HOT!!!!

"It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for the person you're not" - Kurt Cobain
Sometimes I'll be thinking about a song while I'm drivinig and then two seconds later it comes on the radio.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Quote by 08lsta
but if you want to believe your strange exprience was paranormal then i think you should believe it and not let anyone tell you your wrong!!!

What a healthy way of thinking you have....

Page 1 of 3