well boys and gals im a drummer who is sick of having my classic rock roots denied... all the guitarists or bassists ive jammed wiht are down wiht being in a zeppelin style band say but then the next month quit or try to make me playdeath metal.. ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN im a drummer who plays like zeppelin well thats a sound t hat i am influenced by but still anyone who is interest add madcapbarrett@hotmail.com and i play floyd sabbath zeppelin you get hte idea and im 16 and a highschool dropout so im willing for anything
Lol looks like your out of look. all we have in guelph is good ****ing music. That is detah metal by the way. Why not join a deathmetal band? Challenge yourself cuz all that zepplin shit is way too easy. Also being in any band is better than no band am i right?......Plus Good Luck find anyone in guelph...we spent forever looking for people in our band and are just now goin somewhere with it. Also you can bring an older style of drumming into a metal band. The only reason u wuld ever have "your roots denied" is if u complelty changed ur style. And then its your fault.
I'd be disappointed to if all the bands around me were cookie monster vocals and 'stab stab cut slice rape babies' metal.

I need a drummer, and live kinda near Guelph, but I don't think you'd be interested in my spazzy emo/grindcore type band.
Quote by Wonthefu
Suuuuure it is. That's why John Bonham has been cited as one of, if not the, best drummers of all time.

Haha, interested in moving to Barrie?

Barrie, that's where I'm from.

'Best' doesn't always mean most technically skilled. Easy parts can be good. I'd venture to say that most death metal requires more technical skill on drums then most classic rock, that doesn't mean the end result sounds better to the average person.
ye man screwed dude just pissed me off, too easy and just like u said who wants that "HAHGHAIGHAIGHAKGHAGKA" SHIT Anyways. and ive met ltos of people in guelph u jam wiht me the music i do. but still my roots are denied when i have to play triplits with a double kick and hi hat unlocked liek come on the beats are easy the only hard stuff in death metal is the fills and thats just speed/ and odd times/ THATS IT
Quote by scottcourchesne
ye man screwed dude just pissed me off, too easy and just like u said who wants that "HAHGHAIGHAIGHAKGHAGKA" SHIT Anyways.

I think you missed where I said I'm looking to start a emo/grindcore band. Grindcore is even more spazziness and blastbeats then death metal. I just think cookie monster vocals and singing about killing people are lame.
Quote by scottcourchesne
well boys and gals im a drummer who is sick of having my classic rock roots denied... all the guitarists or bassists ive jammed wiht are down wiht being in a zeppelin style band say but then the next month quit or try to make me playdeath metal.. ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN im a drummer who plays like zeppelin well thats a sound t hat i am influenced by but still anyone who is interest add madcapbarrett@hotmail.com and i play floyd sabbath zeppelin you get hte idea and im 16 and a highschool dropout so im willing for anything

I'm a lead guitarist from Niagara Falls Ont. I would play Zepllin stuf. im just wondeering if youde play prog rock too?

My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Takimine Classical Guitar
Yamaha Acoustic
Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion
Boss Compression sustainer
Boss Volume Pedal
:stickpoke
Haha well it's too bad you don't live in the states... I'm a guitarist into Classic Rock and Old School heavy metal...i've been looking for a drummer for....going on 7 months yesterday.
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
When I can move to Canada, which is in my future, I would really join seriously. I have skills on keyboards, lead and rhythm guitar, bass, and Robert Plant-ish David Lee Roth-ish vocaling. Really Love Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Hendrix, Cream, and AC/DC. Ah well, if you do go to the states, come to california, weather is real awesome there and the waves are awesome.
GRAND WARLORD of the ROCK N' ROLL DOMINATION ARMY
holy eight posts minus my one and this on lol but im surprised at how many people have actually responded and i hope it keeps up i have people coming over to my place on friday prob who are going to jam wiht me i got sent a song its pretty intense the power of the net, so keep it comin! -scott
hey im 13 u can join my band im into zeppelin and stuff like that i live in kitchener
Scott? I think I was in your drama class at school. I'm the guy who can play YYZ on the bass.