I'm new to using Cubase SX to record music.
My problem is:

I imported a midi file (containing drums) into the program, that would be track 1. Now I try to record a guitar to it. It all works fine, I play along to the drums when recording and I like my guitar tone. But when I play the 2 tracks together (track 1: midi drums & track 2: guitar) they are out of sync. The guitartrack is slightly ahead of the drum track (I didn't play is like that). Anybody got advice on how to solve this?
Quote by flamencogod
I'm new to using Cubase SX to record music.
My problem is:

I imported a midi file (containing drums) into the program, that would be track 1. Now I try to record a guitar to it. It all works fine, I play along to the drums when recording and I like my guitar tone. But when I play the 2 tracks together (track 1: midi drums & track 2: guitar) they are out of sync. The guitartrack is slightly ahead of the drum track (I didn't play is like that). Anybody got advice on how to solve this?

Move the guitar track back is the most obvious one but considering its cubase it really could be anything thats causing it but I understand cubase changes things with out you touching it. I cant stand that program, Pro Tools is much better IMO
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
could be ur computer isnt powerful enough to record at the same time as playback, mine did the same thing so i got more memory and its fine, its sumthing 2 do with latency i think.
GUITARS:
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Jackson DX10D Rhoads (EMG 81/85)
Jackson Dinky (dimebucker)
Epiphone les paul custom
Godin freeway floyd
AMPS:
Hughes and Kettner triliogy head + 4x12 cab
Line 6 spider 2 head w/ marshall 1960 B cab
Quote by JamesKirtlan
could be ur computer isnt powerful enough to record at the same time as playback, mine did the same thing so i got more memory and its fine, its sumthing 2 do with latency i think.

Good thinking! I remember I used to run Reason with it too (on my old computer) and Reason says the massage 'computer too slow' lol such a nice way of putting it
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
what are you using as your interface?

My advice would be to download the latest ASIO drivers and MIDI drivers for your interface, as this can often solve latency related problems.
Top 5:
1) Only The Cool Climb - Tj1
2) My Favorite Dress - ~King_Of_Foolz~
3) She Once Was My Playmate - Tj1
4) Lovers Lullaby - KOF
5) Cold Dark Room - Ditda