Poll: What should I call my 25K humbucker?
Poll Options
View poll results: What should I call my 25K humbucker?
Face melter
14 11%
Beef Bucker
41 32%
Kick in the stones (kits)
14 11%
WMD (Weapon of Mass Decibels)
23 18%
Nasty Bastard
24 18%
The black fairy
6 5%
Black October
25 19%
The Moaning wh*re (or the Gain wh@re)
17 13%
Brainblaster
8 6%
Essex girl
11 8%
Voters: 130.
What should I call my new 25K pickup?

Before you vote, got to http://corduroyew.dmusic.com and listen to the soundclips for my 25K pickup. One of the clips is my pickup through a valve junior with the volume about half way up. The other is with the volume cranked. After you listen to the sound clips and tell me which name you think best suits the pickup. I’m looking for something that is both fitting and something that is appealing. The names in the list are from this discussion https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530120&page=1&pp=20

The person who came up with the most popular name gets a free pickup.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Mar 2, 2007,
I like the Beef Bucker-fitting name a catchy. If I was looking to buy a hi-gain pickup I'd look at the specs (25k would match it perfectly) and, subconcoiusly, I'd look for something that stood out. Beef Bucker it should be!
It kinda reminds me of a diry, cold winters day with growling winds. Due to this I've gotta go for Black October
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
nasty bastard ftw !
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Scratch up another notch for Beef Bucker. :P
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
Last edited by Cathedral at Mar 2, 2007,
I don't care for any of the names...but what about Banshee?!?!
Seriously, I'm in the band.
Nasty Bastard!

Nothing sounds as sexy as a Nasty Bastard!
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Warmouth Pickup. Or should I pick one from the list? Beef Bucker if I am restricted to names that have already been suggested, Warmouth if I can make my own suggestion.
personally, black october is ba-dass
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
I voted black october, sounds cool, but I think the best is nasty bastard
... =| I really don't want to be rude, So I won't. The pickup sounded a little muddy. ( I have a Valve Junior, Either you're going on direct or your pickup needs to return to the drawing boards ) Is it active, Passive? Are your pots high quality? Your tone resistors any good? What guitar is the pickup in? You're not including all the varibles for those who critique... But, The Gain ***** sounded awesome. =D
I posted these in the other thread as well:

Deep Dish

(The) Enema

Ice Box

Quarantine

(Little) Black Box

Ball Buster

Orion

Appolyon

Tone-Gasm
Beef Bucker.

Whee "Glycerine".
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Ol'boy Rivers
... =| I really don't want to be rude, So I won't. The pickup sounded a little muddy. ( I have a Valve Junior, Either you're going on direct or your pickup needs to return to the drawing boards ) Is it active, Passive? Are your pots high quality? Your tone resistors any good? What guitar is the pickup in? You're not including all the varibles for those who critique... But, The Gain ***** sounded awesome. =D

what do you mean by "Either your're going on direct"?

It's a passive pickup. The pots are stock. The guitar is an RG1570. The amp is a new and un altered valve jr combo. It's just a guitar plugged into the amp, with an AKG C3000B mic into a m-audio soundcard.

I wasn't looking for a crtique. I know how the pickup sounds, and I have had many people do blind test. The pickup is good for some things and horrible for some things. I know that it sounds muddy when compaired to something like a PAF, but I also know it sounds clear and tight when compaired to a Super distortion or an invader or one of the other high output pickups that are only half as powerful.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Mar 2, 2007,
"thrash-bucker"

"world domination"

"the chuck norris"

"the low gain single coil"
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Beef Bucker, Nasty Bastard, or Brainblaster. Those are the best ones, easily.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
C'mon people... You know that WMD is the best... Hahahahahah. Shameless little plug there. ;P

I'm surprised I'm ever at #4 to be honest.
Beef Bucker, no doubt!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
why is black fairy on italics?

Plz tell me its because you like it more than the others....

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Quote by Diamond Dave
because its the one you voted for?

oh.... seriously? i didn't know it got italic'd

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Just a couple more days befor the poll ends. Keep voting guys.
Brutalibucker......or Br00talibucker

ok where's my free pickup? :P
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Yes it does. So tell me. Do you want a beef bucker or do you want something else? You can choose between a standard PAF style pickup which is about 8k with alnico 5 mags, the Beef Bucker which is 25K with neo mags, or you could have a more midpowered humbucker 12K to 14K with alnico 5 magnet. If you don't want a humbucker at all I could get you single coil. Send me an email at corduroyew@gmail.com telling me what you would like.