Obviously Wah, but other effects do you use to get that tone? Its sounds pretty solid man.
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
Quote by horazonblade
Obviously Wah, but other effects do you use to get that tone? Its sounds pretty solid man.

It's just that digitech hendrix pedal going straight into the mic jack. It's the voodoo chile setting with the EQ and wah control changed around. I use the pedal for everything at the moment, just waiting until I get good enough to justify buying an orange AD30 combo and then I'll sell the hendrix pedal and buy a vox wah and run that into the amp.
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
ew....

That backing track was god-awful...

Your soloing was good, but it sounded out of key in a few parts, and it didn't really sound like the recording I have.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178
ew....

That backing track was god-awful...

It's not really a backing track, it's just midi playing from the guitar pro tabs I have of the song. The version I was trying to immitate was the recorded version I have, but I think there is a live version which sounds like a studio version that is a completely different solo, so either I'm way off or it could be a different one.
The backing tracks wasn't too great but seen as it's only MIDI and it wasn't the main focus I'll ignore it.

The soling was mainly good, my only criticisms were that it sounded slightly out of tune in some bits, and some bits were messy, (ie on the first one were you pull out from a lick and all the open strings sound). But good job! btw, was that improv or were you following the original record?

Crit mine? Link in sig