I have am planning on buying a Line 6 Spider 3 150W amp and loads of pple tell me Line 6 suck that peavey and marshall r better. Is this true?????????
Well Peavy are the best out of the 3 because:Going on your price range you could only get a MArshall Mg, they are crap and lifeless! The Peavey Transtube would be in that price range, nothing great but beats those!!

I would suggest the Roland Cube 60, destroys those amps!!
yes they suck

hey arlabester im going to kick your ass unless you use humbuckers for metal
Last edited by llanafreak44 at Mar 2, 2007,
Quote by llanafreak44
yes they suck

hey arlabester im going to kick your ass unless you use humbuckers for metal

Line 6 makes some good products I must give them that. But the Spider Series are not one of them.
ESP Fan
Owner Of:
ESP Standard Horizon NT II transparent Cherry
i've had a line 6 spider 2 150 watt half stack and my peavey 6505+ kills it. minus the price difference. go with a combo 6505, which you could get for the same price as a line 6 spider 3 half stack. the 6505 will go loud also, becuase its a tube amp.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
I personally don't like the digital tone of them, they seem to steal the guitar's pickups tonal qualities.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
some line 6's are fine, the HD range arent bad, its just the spiders which suck ass
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
it depends on what your application of the amp is.

I had a Spider II combo, the small 15 watt version that I used as a little practice amp to mess around with, or someone else could use when they came over to jam. it served it's purpose well.

but I tried using the 2X12 Spider II combo once when I was jamming with some guys and it sucked balls. the amp couldn't cut through the mix and I recieve awful feedback if I stepped within 10 feet of it. and it sounded dreadful when I turned the volume up just enough to be heard over bass and drum.

so if you're looking to get a combo amp to play in a band with, I wouldn't recommend any Line 6 amps.
The only use for any of the Spiders is as a practice amp.

What's your price range threadstarter and what type of music do you play?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
line 6 does not suck, but i have read many a time that the spider series is not what its cracked up to be, you would be better served with a POD, a poweramp and a cab. Try crate powerblock and a 4x12 of your choice much better. Have you used my pod through and got great balls out of it and also reacted well to the dynamics of my playing
Quote by eisaac
line 6 does not suck, but i have read many a time that the spider series is not what its cracked up to be, you would be better served with a POD, a poweramp and a cab. Try crate powerblock and a 4x12 of your choice much better. Have you used my pod through and got great balls out of it and also reacted well to the dynamics of my playing

If you think that reacts well, you really need to play a good tube amp.
played a few tube amps as well love them just as much, i am open to using anything and everything analogue / digital don't care what it is. i use whatever it takes to get what i want, hell i would use a ten quid guitar if it worked for me. unfortunately just don't have the cash or the room to have one
Last edited by eisaac at Mar 2, 2007,
Quote by GrimaceRocker

but I tried using the 2X12 Spider II combo once when I was jamming with some guys and it sucked balls. the amp couldn't cut through the mix and I recieve awful feedback if I stepped within 10 feet of it. and it sounded dreadful when I turned the volume up just enough to be heard over bass and drum.

In all honesty, what the hell are you talking about?

I've used my Spider II 112 combo at a band practice before, the sound stayed good when I was loud enough to be heard well over a drummer. Feedback? You can't even tell mine is on when I'm not playing. Don't forget to turn on the built in noise-gate.
(It's there, just hold down the tap tempo button and turn the reverb past half. Let go of tap and turn your reverb back down.)

The only possible explanation is if you were trying to use the "Insane" channel, which truly does suck fairly terribly.

Crunch and metal work well for me.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
I hate modeling amps.
Member of the "Guitarists Born in 1991 Club". PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Dean Guitars.
They're okay, though no point paying for the 150W version. They're very good for a beginner practice amp, definitely wouldn't suggest gigging with one though so the most you'd ever need is 30W with that.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
How do you folks like the HD147? It sells for like $1200.00 om MF.
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

\w/ gear-vault.com \w/
Yes, so sell it... Get a peavey or a marshall...
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Quote by GrimaceRocker

+1 and not even with the insane channel, and the noisegate on. The room does make a big difference though.

I wouldn't reccomend a spider except maybe for bedroom practice.
Line 6 Spiders are bad

Don't get one. In all seriousness.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
Im going to go against the grain and say the the spider III's do not suck. In fact, several of the presets and effects are immediately usable out of the box. I also have peavey, but use the Spider III just as much. We did a cover of Smoke on the water once and I had someone come up to me to ask me how I set up my rig because it sounded just like Deep Purple. So in short, you actually get a variety of sounds for a decent price, like having an effects processor in the amp, something I wish my peavey had.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Quote by ledroses23
Im going to go against the grain and say the the spider III's do not suck. In fact, several of the presets and effects are immediately usable out of the box. I also have peavey, but use the Spider III just as much. We did a cover of Smoke on the water once and I had someone come up to me to ask me how I set up my rig because it sounded just like Deep Purple. So in short, you actually get a variety of sounds for a decent price, like having an effects processor in the amp, something I wish my peavey had.

Agreed!
"
-Maynard

\w/ gear-vault.com \w/
Quote by MrSandMan
Agreed!

Yeah. You just have to be a competent guitarist to be able to work the amp and you can make almost ANYTHING sound good. I don't have a problem getting playable tones out of anything I try.
my friend had a line 6 n it sounded horrible man,marshalls sound good,peaveys r good 2,if its price related,get peavey,line 6 sound horrible in my eye
line 6 blows ass

buy a roland cube 60, or get yourself a nice tube amp. try out the Vox Valvetronix series
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
dude anything line 6 above the spider is pretty decent. My flextone II sound 100x better than any spider.

spiders do suck
but dont hate on the other amps such as the flextone and vetta when you havent even played one
NEW GEAR:
Ibanez RG7420
Schecter CSH-1 Semi Hollowbody- W/ Duncans
Roland Microcube
B52 AT112 60 watt
Monster Cables

STOLEN:
Deluxe Double Fat Strat- Pewter
Gibson SG- w/ SD Invader
Line 6 Flextone II w/floorboard
Actually, the new low-end Peavey tube amps are godawful. Get a Classic 30.
Yes, Line6 amps(AMPS) suck, even the $1300 models. Like the head the gu above me is talking about-HD147. . My buddy just sold his to get a Marshall DSL,,he payed $900 and got 3bills from g.C. How's that for depreciation? It was a metal amp. All the knobs n the world won't change the fact that that thing didn't sound crap like the amps ot was supposed to!

Go with the Korg, or better yet, for arond 200-Vox Valvetronix AT30. It is my backup/recording amp and it is far and away the best amp in it's league.
Quote by cum2roll
Yes, Line6 amps(AMPS) suck, even the $1300 models. Like the head the gu above me is talking about-HD147. . My buddy just sold his to get a Marshall DSL,,he payed $900 and got 3bills from g.C. How's that for depreciation? It was a metal amp. All the knobs n the world won't change the fact that that thing didn't sound crap like the amps ot was supposed to!

Go with the Korg, or better yet, for arond 200-Vox Valvetronix AT30. It is my backup/recording amp and it is far and away the best amp in it's league.

If your friend took 3bills for his HD147 then he's a idiot. They sell all day long on ebay for $700-$800 used.

Can we say... Clueless?

I'd give anyone $300 for a nice HD147. I'm not too proud to turn a quick and easy profit.
"
-Maynard

\w/ gear-vault.com \w/
Quote by cum2roll

Excuse me, but the Peavey Windsor is a BADASS amp.
Just thought I'd put in my cents.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Quote by mrdeuce
dude anything line 6 above the spider is pretty decent. My flextone II sound 100x better than any spider.

spiders do suck
but dont hate on the other amps such as the flextone and vetta when you havent even played one

agreed. vetta amps are godly.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!