I am planning on buying a LINE 6 spider 3 150w amp and loads of pple have been telling me that LINE 6 suck and peavey and marshall amps r way better is this true????????
their amps yes, but not effects like their DL4 delay modeler. that box rocks!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
My roommate has the Spider 2. At first it seemed cool cause there are something like 36 different effects, but after having it for over a year, he actually only uses 4, which he programmed himself. Also when we play shows and he turns it up, there is a *ton* of feedback. To the point where it makes the whole band sound bad. There is a noisegate which he turned on, and that helped some, but not completely. Line 6 tries to pack too much into their product and sacrifice quality for quantity. I've never used any of their pedals, so those might be alright. But for the money your looking to spend, I would much recommend a Marshall or a Mesa amp instead. Peavey isn't that great from what I've played at the music shop.
Threadstarter why the 2 same threads? You have one the the GG&A and in here... so Im requesting a delete..
Yes, but god gave Line6 a coupon so they're inadvertently still in business.

Sarcasm aside, when you hear someone tell you these brands suck and these brands are way better than that brand, you should take it with a grain of salt.

Head to the local guitar shop and give all three brands a try. Compare amps in SIMILAR price ranges.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
no question that peavey amps are better.....valveking, all tube.............however the line 6 pod xt live is an amazing effects processsor.....my rig is valveking 112 combo and a line 6 pod xt live....works like a champ
Only the spider series of amps suck. Alot of there products (such as pod, flextone , vetta) are great I've had some great tone out of pod xts especially in the college studio!
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Its a matter of opinion, and i dont think they suck... but theyre not the best or anything.
Member #20 of the Guitarists Born in 1991 Club PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Member Of The Anti - Ibanez Militia

Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...

Quote by -blaze-
anti-depressants for emo kids.

I've said this before, I'll say it again...no matter what you plug in, it'll sound the same-digital. If you like the tone, then go for it, but just be sure thats the ONLY tone you like. You won't get anything else.
Next time you go to the local guitar shop, try out a Vox Valvetronix. They are in the same price range, and in my opinion sound better...
Quote by SaulHudson
I've said this before, I'll say it again...no matter what you plug in, it'll sound the same-digital. If you like the tone, then go for it, but just be sure thats the ONLY tone you like. You won't get anything else.

a lot of the music u hear nowadays are digital in one way or another. u really think those recordings u hear on albums are as if they were jamming in a room together? no, its a lot of digital processing to make it sound better. so, saying line 6 sucks because it sounds "digital" seems rather stupid when its all around u.
Quote by Ryank285
a lot of the music u hear nowadays are digital in one way or another. u really think those recordings u hear on albums are as if they were jamming in a room together? no, its a lot of digital processing to make it sound better. so, saying line 6 sucks because it sounds "digital" seems rather stupid when its all around u.

Guess you took it the wrong way. I mean it sounds digital, as in cell phone ring tones (or midis). Not to that extent of course, but VERY noticable.
Line 6 makes pretty decent practice amps... Of course they sound like hell if you crank them up.

I'm not a fan of them.
Current Gear :
Jackson USA Made SL1 Soloist (SnakeSkin Finish)
Jackson Jap Made SL1 Soloist!
I know a couple people who play Line 6 and they claim they are the greatest amps ever. I also know a couple people have owned Line 6 amps and say that they are horrible.

I believe that the classic rule applies - its all about personal preference. You may find that you like it even though you will have a thousand people tell you they are horrible.

So go out and try one and see if you like them or not.
Next time you go to the local guitar shop, try out a Vox Valvetronix. They are in the same price range, and in my opinion sound better...

yeh i agree.. the vox amps are awesome, get an AD100VT
Ibanez SR505
Yamaha RBX 270
Epiphone G400
Ashdown MAG C410T
VOX AD100VT
Digitech BP200
line 6 DOES suck, plain and simple, as amplifiers but theyre stand alone effects are really good.
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
I have a very strong inkling that everyong bashing Line6 is only using some version of the POD or Spider as reference. Go try one of the older AX212s or a Vetta II and see what their technology can really do.

As can be said for most "budget" items, yes, they don't compare to the higher end. Comparing a Spider to a Valveking is a pretty ignorant notion...they're from two different planets aimed at two different markets. Take a blind taste test between the Vetta and the Valveking and see what you get. For some reason, a lot of people can't seem to get over what is or what is not inside the box...it doesn't matter, it's the end result that counts.
i have a line 6 amp and although they do sound great (my opinion), it is true that it doesnt sound all that great when u really crank it up. it feed backs REALLY bad. i might have to look around and exchange for a new amp... i just bought the flextone less than a month ago.
IMO it doesnt suck at all, but if you are going to jam with your band, a Line 6 isnt the best buy. But if youre planning on using it as an bedroom amp, its great. However i dont think you should buy the 150 watts, but instead the 75 or 30 watts.
My current rig:
Samick Strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox DA-5
Samick 80 watts amp (Doesn't sound good though)
Zoom 505
Boss DS-2
:stickpoke