I have a Peavey 6505 which I've been playing almost everyday with for the past month or so because I've just bought an attenuator and I can finally use it in my bedroom. But I was wondering, if I'm playing everyday with it how long will the tubes last? I dont want to burn this thing out too quickly because I'll be playing gigs with it.
Preamp tubes supposedly last for a long time (Over 3 years or so), while power tubes should be replaced around every 2 years. If you're gonna get an attenuator you're gonna be driving your tubes even further, shortening their life.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
most of the time the tubes won't just STOP working, they will just degrade in tone over time.
Hm, then maybe i should stop using it all the time. I'm definately not looking to shorten its life.
Quote by piratefdu
Hm, then maybe i should stop using it all the time. I'm definately not looking to shorten its life.

vacuum tubes are considered a maintenence item on tube amps, they are meant to wear out and be replaced. The good part about that is, different tubes impart different characteristics to your tone, and new tubes can make an old amp sound new again.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Better tubes will also last much longer. A NOS Mullard tube might last 5x or even 10x longer than a new Chinese tube.
Depends on how much/how loud you play.

I'd say probably not.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.