just kinda curious what your opinions are. my friend has one and i like the feel of it sitting but when i stood the round back bothered me. like i said i just wanna see wat other people think.
I know someone who has either a 20 or 30 year old Ovation, the back is plastic and the neck is some time type of metal.

I looooove it! I havn't tried any of them lately, but that guitar sounds great and plays great, I think it might be the metal neck, it probably doesn't get so bent out of shape by the tension of the strings.

So I like one particular Ovation I've played, as for Ovation as a whole I'm not sure if I would buy one.
I wouldn't buy an Ovation. The backs are not comfortable and they tend to slip a lot. I also don't like the sound. Guess I'm not a fan of Ovations.
* casualty01 slinks away, sad, with a paddle in one hand and a strap on in the other.
The feel of them is pretty nice, and the sound is alright. They kind of remind me at an attempt to make an acoustic feel like an electric. If I had a bunch of extra money, I'd maybe buy one. However, yeah, I had the same issue that I can't play them well standing up, and they really only feel good sitting down. They're a good coffee-house guitar though, haha.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
I love the feel of ovation necks however i think they sound terrible. They are supposed to sound great plugged in but even then I still hate um.
I love Ovations. My favorite brand of acoustics, by far.
Quote by Outcast Rose
I wish i could find a better sig.
I love them, the thing I like about them the most is the sound really. The lyrachord back gives them a really unique tone, which sounds great IMO. I'm notta big fan of the looks, but If I get some money someday, I'd get one :O. Daddy's Junkie's gotta beautiful discontinued baby blue Celebrity there, and it's only $300. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's not deep enough, so it's kinda quiet and has a really thin sound. Still nice though :x
I love my Ovation Tagent 257. Amazing guitar for the money. I'd love to play some higher end models.
I'm back, you douchebags.