Ok, I have a dilemma.

There's a, hmmm, rock-festival tomorrow in our university. Nothing big, just some student bands, some more professional and mature, some less, some unknown. The genres are basically the same as the whole music scene now: good ol' metal, metalcore, punk (the shitty one), indie, and some shit, like soft rock and love metal.

The point is that I'd like to, you know, scan the music scene of my university and find out if anyone's any good. You know, if the guitarists can actually play something decent instead of constant power chords and stupid arpeggios. And possibly join a band...

Sounds decent, huh? But...

It's Saturday, 5 PM, I'll be tired as hell because Saturday is a normal study day here (not even short!), and there's another problem: there's this girl, whom I met by accident, and, as usual, she kind of liked me, I figure. But she ain't really pretty at all and I don't wanna go with her. But I'll end up doing that anyway, if I myself go. And that'd suck

Last reason: I'm just a lazy ****er. Very lazy. And it's a Saturday, FFS! It's not like I'm going to a Pink Floyd concert...

Anyways, should I go? Or should I not go? Thanks!
for rent
Go anyway, you may be pleasantly surprised...and it pays to be sociable...
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by Gakusey
Ok, I have a dilemma.

There's a, hmmm, rock-festival tomorrow in our university. Nothing big, just some student bands, some more professional and mature, some less, some unknown. The genres are basically the same as the whole music scene now: good ol' metal, metalcore, punk (the shitty one), indie, and some shit, like soft rock and love metal.

The point is that I'd like to, you know, scan the music scene of my university and find out if anyone's any good. You know, if the guitarists can actually play something decent instead of constant power chords and stupid arpeggios. And possibly join a band...

Sounds decent, huh? But...

It's Saturday, 5 PM, I'll be tired as hell because Saturday is a normal study day here (not even short!), and there's another problem: there's this girl, whom I met by accident, and, as usual, she kind of liked me, I figure. But she ain't really pretty at all and I don't wanna go with her. But I'll end up doing that anyway, if I myself go. And that'd suck

Last reason: I'm just a lazy ****er. Very lazy. And it's a Saturday, FFS! It's not like I'm going to a Pink Floyd concert...

Anyways, should I go? Or should I not go? Thanks!

You should go
paint a womans face on your arm and tell her youre already taken
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
The "as usual" part was referred to the fact that a lot of girls find me attractive, but 99% of them I don't want!!! ARGHH!

The other idea is that I try to ditch her (which will be quite difficult), buy two tickets and just invite someone random along...
for rent
Quote by Gakusey
The "as usual" part was referred to the fact that a lot of girls find me attractive, but 99% of them I don't want!!! ARGHH!

The other idea is that I try to ditch her (which will be quite difficult), buy two tickets and just invite someone random along...

take advantage of her, get her pregnant and give her an STD, then claim youre gay and send her hatemail for the next 4 years
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
go man - you might like it. The music and atmosphere will give you your second wind.
Quote by rabidguitarist
paint a womans face on your arm and tell her youre already taken

or on your ass?
you shouldn't be worried about what other people think about your significant other. If she is pretty enough for you thats all that matters, those other people arn't going to be dating her
She is a nice person. But just that: a nice person. I dunno, maybe I'm ****ed up, I don't know.

It's just that... well, I guess I'm scared to be seen with her by all those other people who know me. I know it's stupid, but they might think something, you know. Plus I'm lazy and tired. So the sum of all it makes me dizzy...

P.S. Her ticket will cost me three bucks. THREE BUCKS!!!

P.P.S. That was a joke, I'm not really cheap, and money is the last thing on my mind.
for rent
Quote by phillyguitar
you shouldn't be worried about what other people think about your significant other. If she is pretty enough for you thats all that matters, those other people arn't going to be dating her

Absolutely. But that's the problem: I don't want to have a romantic relationship her, don't want to develop it, and help it develop itself.
for rent
Quote by Gakusey
It's just that... well, I guess I'm scared to be seen with her by all those other people who know me. I know it's stupid, but they might think something, you know. Plus I'm lazy and tired. So the sum of all it makes me dizzy...

Oh grow up

Just go, have fun

Who gives a shit what people think
Quote by GiantRaven
Or you could get to know her

She could be a nice person

No one wants a nice personality when looking for a girl, they want teh boob-z0rzz!!!1

But yeah, you should go, and why do you have to go with this girl? If she's being forceful about it, just say, "I don't want to go with you, I want to go with my friends", then do that, simple as.
Funny words.
Shit, I'd HAVE to go after creating this thread. Ok

BUT! I will have to get drunk after that! No way around it If I'm doing this, I'll have to get drunk...

Anyways, it's just that I don't think I'm gonna enjoy it all that much... I don't really like Russian bands. Any of them.
for rent
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man

No one wants a nice personality when looking for a girl, they want teh boob-z0rzz!!!1

But yeah, you should go, and why do you have to go with this girl? If she's being forceful about it, just say, "I don't want to go with you, I want to go with my friends", then do that, simple as.

I have this HUUUUGE problem: I am a nice person

So I acted all nice towards her and.... for ****'s sake, I invited her I'm a moron, but I did that just out of being polite, cause she mentioned the festival. So there's no going back unless I don't go.
for rent
Quote by Gakusey
She is a nice person. But just that: a nice person. I dunno, maybe I'm ****ed up, I don't know.

P.S. Her ticket will cost me three bucks. THREE BUCKS!!!

P.P.S. That was a joke, I'm not really cheap, and money is the last thing on my mind.

I suddenly dont like you.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Why do you not like me?

All I'm saying is that I don't want anything with her, myself, even if I was alone in this world. I invited her out of being polite and stupid. Now not only I don't want to go with her, I just don't want to go. So I asked for advice in The Pit, because I was bored.

Ain't nothing wrong with any of that
for rent
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man

Pfft...

Boobs?

Guys are weak
Quote by GiantRaven
Pfft...

Boobs?

Guys are weak

Ability to make a sandwich then?
Funny words.
Quote by Gakusey

isnt that a bit big headed?
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
If you go there will be trouble.

If you stay it will be double.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Erm, ok, just thought I'd update this shit.

So I decided to go, but the next morning I get an SMS from the gal saying she can't go and that she's sorry (yeah, I'm like disappointed and need an apology...).

Regardless, I went to the show. Just grabbed some random chick along. She's alright. Will remember me for long

The bands sucked. There was one good band but they were the only more or less professional band who graduated a couple of years ago. They were good. Played heavy music, dunno what to call it, probably metalcore/nu-metal/whatever.
The guitarist was great but FAT

The rest of the bands sucked. The indie guys were ok, at least there was some energy coming from them.

The jazz-metal band was neither jazz, nor metal. It was like Mars Volta meets Metallica, without the good parts of either band. Nice idea, poor performance.

The punk bands I don't even want to comment on. Dreadful. I went for a smoke and had to smoke like 8 cigarretes and have a couple of beers until they were gone.

The metal band was alright, but was too cliche-ic. I mean, NOTHING new. I guess for this kind of shit, they were alright. The guitarist seemed to be obssesed with harmonics, the normal ones (12 fret, 7 fret etc.). I guess he had just learned them and wanted to show off.
Also, he played hus guitar as if it was Drop D, but it clearly was Standard. Fool.

Well, that was it. It was alright. After that, I got drunk. Very drunk. So at least that was the good part.

Cheers!
for rent