I was at the Austin, Tx concert on 2/18/07 and had meet and greet passes. I got a bass signed by all members. I would never normally sell my prized possession but we are in a diificult situation and I need to seel it. I am asking $800.

I have pics but can't figure out how to add them here. I have a website that I will post them on. Its a Fender Squire Bass, less than two months old.

Here are the links to the pics

http://www.alexaclicks.com/HeavyMetal/Bass%20f.jpg
http://www.alexaclicks.com/HeavyMetal/Bass.jpg
http://www.alexaclicks.com/HeavyMetal/LOG%20SoundCheck.jpg
http://www.alexaclicks.com/HeavyMetal/LOG%20Tix.jpg

If interested reply back to the post.

Shon
You're asking $800 for a guitar that costs $199 new that's signed by those people?
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by Pleiadian
You're asking $800 for a guitar that costs $199 new that's signed by those people?

I thought one of the rules of posting was not to rip people on their prices???

The sale is not about the bass, its more about the autographs, if you can go get them to autograph a bass then you don't need to worry about paying for one...
Quote by X\Chazza/X
I think it's more the kind of thing you'd hang on your wall than play

Believe me it would be hanging on my wall if I wouldn't have been hit by a car and they have no insurance, I can't work for three months, and the rent is due.
Quote by X\Chazza/X
can't you take them to court if they don't have insurance.
You could walk or cycle until your car's fixed
unless you work far away

Our insured driver rate here in south texas is only about 49%. These people are illegal aliens with nothing, so even if I do get them to court and I win, I win nothing. Also My injuries include a broken back, right shoulder was mangled. I don't think I will be riding a bike anythime soon, besides I have another car, but I physically can't work..
ebay this the douchebags her dont understand that Lamb of God is actually REALLY GOOD and alot of people around the world like them and would definitely pay that much for that bass
my main question is do you have a certificate of authenticity, if not no one will buy it for that price.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by Ibanez 3030
ebay this the douchebags her dont understand that Lamb of God is actually REALLY GOOD and alot of people around the world like them and would definitely pay that much for that bass

I appreciate the great comment. Lamb of God are probably the best muscians around. I saw them two days in a row. I feel ya when you say they don't know crap about Lamb of God. They are the best heavy metal band to come around in a long time.

Shon
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
my main question is do you have a certificate of authenticity, if not no one will buy it for that price.

What, so lamb of god sign certificates of authenticity when they sign something?

"Hey, look at me, i got my ass signed by Chris Adler, and heres the cert to prove it!!"

lol.....j/k
800 Seems to be a reasonable price. Its a collectors item, and true fans of LoG would definitly pay that price. You can try here, but Ebay is more suited for that kind of item.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Quote by GoodCharloteSux

I do not have a cert. I have dated pics with the band, and the winning contest certification that gets me back stage to meet them. If that is not proof enough, oh well. People can put two and two together. Also I am on the official Lamb of God website as the winner of the Austin, Tx. show meet and greet.

That pretty much sums up my proof.

Shon
Quote by 7PlaGues
i think the max you would get for that is 400ish.

I've been offered $575 already so that puts and end to that.

Shon
If you read the faq you'll see that that's not entirely true. When someone asks a clearly outrageous price, retorts are not out-of-line.

LOG may be the greatest thing since sliced bread in the metal scene, but they're not legends (think Slayer), they're not megastars (think Metallica...ugh...), and they're in a genre that is still largely outsider music (thrash/groove/shred metal).
And their autographs just aren't worth that much. It sucks to say it that way, so consider this: it's still relatively easy to find a way to get their autographs, so it wouldn't make sense to shell out hundreds of dollars for them. And on top of that, if I wanted a current band's autographs, why would I go out of my way to get them on the worst piece of shit bass on the planet. They'd be worth more on a $20 CD than on a $50 crap bass, pure and simple -- that lump of wood is a much bigger pain in the ass to lug around than the autographs are worth. Sorry.

And as for a COA -- yup. Again, you want premium dollars for something that could easily be a fake. Seriously, who believes that a regular ol' fan drags a Squier bass to a show to get autographs on it? The thinking is, it was either a promo piece, in which case there should be a COA or some proof that the event happened, or is a fake, a way for someone to turn a $50 bass into a $500 one. And it's not a comment on you -- it's something that happens all the time. So you may be the most honest person in the world, but your audience has seen enough fraud to have high standards for stuff like this. That's all there is to it.

If you wanna find the real value, do as the folks here said, and put it on eBay.

ltt

Quote by MetalEdge
I thought one of the rules of posting was not to rip people on their prices???

The sale is not about the bass, its more about the autographs, if you can go get them to autograph a bass then you don't need to worry about paying for one...
Is the bass in any of the pics with you and the band together? If not, all you have is proof that you met the band.

Quote by MetalEdge
I do not have a cert. I have dated pics with the band, and the winning contest certification that gets me back stage to meet them. If that is not proof enough, oh well. People can put two and two together. Also I am on the official Lamb of God website as the winner of the Austin, Tx. show meet and greet.

That pretty much sums up my proof.

Shon
Quote by MetalEdge
I've been offered $575 already so that puts and end to that.

Shon

Look, if this item sells fine. If it doesn't, great. I really don't want to sell a piece of the best time I have ever had. These guys are absolutely great. They treat their fans well, so really I hate to do it. I waited two and a half years to get to meet them and sign a bunch of shit. So this is painful for me. If I sell i, it will have to be worth it. Besides real Lamb of God fans will know what their getting, an amazing piece...
Quote by lethargytartare
If you read the faq you'll see that that's not entirely true. When someone asks a clearly outrageous price, retorts are not out-of-line.

LOG may be the greatest thing since sliced bread in the metal scene, but they're not legends (think Slayer), they're not megastars (think Metallica...ugh...), and they're in a genre that is still largely outsider music (thrash/groove/shred metal).
And their autographs just aren't worth that much. It sucks to say it that way, so consider this: it's still relatively easy to find a way to get their autographs, so it wouldn't make sense to shell out hundreds of dollars for them. And on top of that, if I wanted a current band's autographs, why would I go out of my way to get them on the worst piece of shit bass on the planet. They'd be worth more on a $20 CD than on a $50 crap bass, pure and simple -- that lump of wood is a much bigger pain in the ass to lug around than the autographs are worth. Sorry.

And as for a COA -- yup. Again, you want premium dollars for something that could easily be a fake. Seriously, who believes that a regular ol' fan drags a Squier bass to a show to get autographs on it? The thinking is, it was either a promo piece, in which case there should be a COA or some proof that the event happened, or is a fake, a way for someone to turn a $50 bass into a $500 one. And it's not a comment on you -- it's something that happens all the time. So you may be the most honest person in the world, but your audience has seen enough fraud to have high standards for stuff like this. That's all there is to it.

If you wanna find the real value, do as the folks here said, and put it on eBay.

ltt

Well, then I quess I'm a piece of crap who dragged a bass to the show and got it signed. Seriously people, do you always suck this bad? and yes I have a pic of me with the bass before it got signed and after.
Quote by MetalEdge
Look, if this item sells fine. If it doesn't, great. I really don't want to sell a piece of the best time I have ever had. These guys are absolutely great. They treat their fans well, so really I hate to do it. I waited two and a half years to get to meet them and sign a bunch of shit. So this is painful for me. If I sell i, it will have to be worth it. Besides real Lamb of God fans will know what their getting, an amazing piece...

Selling is not the issue -- asking an outrageous price is. And if a person really loves a band, they don't try to profiteer off them. Simple. You love it/them, you know the right fans will feel the same -- fine. Put it on eBay. But if you want to avoid getting heat over your asking price, then you should do your homework and pick a price that isn't insane. If it were just "high" or "ambitious" it certainly wouldn't have caught my eye.

Second, any time a brand new member starts off by listing something for sale at a ridiculous price, it's going to stand out and they're going to catch flack. It looks questionable. All the more when you come out with the horrible-accident story. You might be telling the truth, but in the internet classifieds world it's a story you hear ALL THE TIME and almost always when someone is asking for too high of a price for something.

I'd probably really like LOG -- I've got nothing against them. But this isn't about LOG. To get right down to it -- it's about the value of an unverifiable autograph attributed to LOG on a bottom-of-the-line bass and an asking price that far far exceeds any available/reliable street value information.

Sorry, but that's life on the Internet. The best place to sell stuff without any discourse, particularly when you don't know the actual value of your stuff, is eBay.

ltt
Quote by MetalEdge
Well, then I quess I'm a piece of crap who dragged a bass to the show and got it signed. Seriously people, do you always suck this bad? and yes I have a pic of me with the bass before it got signed and after.

Nah -- you might be a fine young adult -- it's the bass that's a piece of crap.

And I only suck this bad when idiots try to sell something for way way WAY more than it's worth. At least I try to limit it to those scenarios...

And then the funniest part -- you STILL didn't answer the key question -- do you have a pic of you, the bass, AND THE BAND all together. THAT would go a long way to validating the autographs. Not proof, but MUCH better. You and the bass, you and the band, you and the autographed bass...not much use unless the backgrounds are easy to identify as the same.

Here's an easy way to go at this: post some of the pics that you have. That might clear the whole matter up.