okay, i've tried reading, but i don't think i can understand what is being written about scales.

so, about two weeks ago i started learning scales, and with that, the music theory.
and then, when i read the sticky, i tried very hard, understanding stuffs written there, but no use. i'm really stuck

so, this is about pentatonics, i saw in the sticky thread, i think there are 5 figures of the scales there, which one am i really supposed to learn ?
or that they're all minor pentatonics, but with different root ?

or should i learn modes first instead of pentatonics first ? any help would be appreciated
If you look at them carefully you will notice they all actualy connect. Scales as you probably know already are made from notes with a series of intervals( distance between notes) until it comes back to the octave note which is the root note which you begin the scale on only higher pitched. So if the scale is made up of so many notes then all of those notes on the fretboard make up a scale pattern so basically learn the 5 patterns and then join them together. Dont worry it doesnt take long to learn and its fun to play over rock progressions.
I will shred in the end!!
one thing i forget to mention, which one is the root note then ?

|o|-|-|o|
|o|-|-|o|
|o|-|o|-|
|o|-|o|-|
|o|-|o|-|
|x|-|-|o|

in this, i know, the root note is the x, but how 'bout the other four ?
Learn the pentatonics first and then modes. Pentatonics end up setting up a framework in which to learn major and minor as well as the other 5 modes. It's called the CAGED system about the 5 different patterns. Each one of those scale patterns corresponds to the shape of an open chord hence, CAGED has 5 different patterns based around the chords C, A, G, E, and D. The CAGED system also helps you learn arppegios once you've learned your modes, which means you can then pretty much solo on any rock and metal song and possibly sweep if you practice those arps a lot. If you want more info on the linking of patterns and the CAGED system, the book Fretboard Logic does an amazing job of teaching this sytem.
Caparison Dellinger-CA
MIJ Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jackson Custom Kelly
Epiphone Gothic Explorer

Cry Baby 535Q
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Digitech delay
Ibanez TS-9
BBE Sonic Stomp
NS-2 Noise Gate

Peavey 5150II
Marshall 1960AV cab
Quote by KIDRoach
one thing i forget to mention, which one is the root note then ?

|o|-|-|o|
|o|-|-|o|
|o|-|o|-|
|o|-|o|-|
|o|-|o|-|
|x|-|-|o|

in this, i know, the root note is the x, but how 'bout the other four ?

lGl-l-lA#l This is an example of G minor Pentatonic Scale; G is the root.
lDl-l-l F l
lA#l-lCl
lFl-lGl
lCl-lDl
lGl-l-lA#l
^
3rd Fret

Therefore, x is where the root note falls
|x|-|-|o|
|o|-|-|o|
|o|-|o|-|
|o|-|x|-|
|o|-|o|-|
|x|-|-|o|

learn your 6th string fretboard notes (pattern starts on 3rd fret=G is root 6th fret A is root etc)
No Fat Chicks
i think i get it now, lol, after gathering bits of pieces from everywhere.

and to me, that is a lot of MATH !
Thats because music is a mathematical system. Soundwaves, resonance, superposition, rhythm, it can all be explained with mathematics.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
If you play an A pentatonic scale in any position, the As in the scale will be the root. If you're looking up patterns online the root should be indicated. If not, use the scale-finder at www.wholenote.com. It is under basics.