I just got a cable for plugging my guitar into my computer today but i cant seem to get it to work. Ive tried plugging from the Line-Out on my amp to my Mic and my Line-In on my sound card. Im using Sonar software also. Help greatly appreciated.
Thanks all.
Is it the snake something cable your using? Becuse Ive had that cable but my soundcard on my computer was to slow, so It didn´t work (i tried to play guitar rig 2 with it).
Im using a 6ft 6.3mm Mono to 3.5m mono plug Cable (by RadioShack)
and a 3.5mm Mono Socket To 3.5mm Stereo Plug adapter.
The sound card aint 'state of the art' but its not old either i got it a few months back.
Just buy a usb or firewire sound card, I have a m-audio mobilepre usb and it kicks ass I can use guitar rigg 2,3 with it and it costs about 100 bucks.
Quote by Pennywise_90
I just got a cable for plugging my guitar into my computer today but i cant seem to get it to work. Ive tried plugging from the Line-Out on my amp to my Mic and my Line-In on my sound card. Im using Sonar software also. Help greatly appreciated.
Thanks all.

Depending on the amp that may not be a good idea.

I had a Lightsnake and could never really get it to work so I gave up. The Lightsnake and similar StealthPlug have built in sound cards I believe.

you might be better off getting a cheap mic for now and just playing thru your amp normally.

What amp?

Edit: Also use the Search bar and see what people are doing over in Riffs and Recordings forum as this probably comes up everyday.