Ok, so my rig is pretty decent already.

Peavey JSX 212
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss Fl-3 Flanger
Boss TU-2 Tuner pedal
Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Now, the next thing in my rig is going to be an EQ, to give me a little boost and edge to my solos. But another thing I need right now is a delay. I wouldn't be using the delay alot, but I just need it for Tears Don't Fall by BFMV, since my band learned it, and it sounds like arse with just reverb on it.

So I ask UG, would it be fine if I just cheaped out on a delay and got say, a Behringer delay just to suffice until I get everything else I need (EQ, Noise Suppressor, Gibson Les Paul, Laptop, wireless system, other toys), since I won't be needing a perfect top-of-the-line delay?

Thought? Comments? Questions?

Thanks.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Go to a shop and try out the behringer compared to something like a DD6.

I did the cheap thing the other week and bought their tuner instead of a boss TU2. £15 for a fully chromatic tuner, I would have been a fool not to. My only 'gripe' is that there is a loss of volume when it's in the signal chain, so I will probably use a bypass box if i use it live, or just not have it in the signal path. The behringer delay might suffer from similar problems.
The Behringer delay might not last that long. Get a Danelectro instead. They are a bit more sturdy, but still quite cheap.
id say get a good delay now
you would have to get a new one eventually anyway if you get the berhinger one now

and i cant imagine that it sounds too good...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by isotone
Go to a shop and try out the behringer compared to something like a DD6.

I did the cheap thing the other week and bought their tuner instead of a boss TU2. £15 for a fully chromatic tuner, I would have been a fool not to. My only 'gripe' is that there is a loss of volume when it's in the signal chain, so I will probably use a bypass box if i use it live, or just not have it in the signal path. The behringer delay might suffer from similar problems.

Thanks for the input. Yea, I figured it'd probably be a little tone sucking or something, but I'm also going to throw it in the effects loop with the Flanger and Chorus, so it might not suck my tone to a full extent. But yea, I'm going to try it out when I go to try out the Boss GE-7 EQ.

Oh, what are your thoughts on the GE-7, as well?

Quote by RadioHead22
its supposed to be really good

i'd try to find a eq-20 on ebay or somewhere though

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by mr_hankey
he Behringer delay might not last that long. Get a Danelectro instead. They are a bit more sturdy, but still quite cheap.

Well, I looked on music123, and the only Danelectro Delay was about $150

I dunno. I'll look around at the store and see if I can find one.

Quote by hendriko
d say get a good delay now
you would have to get a new one eventually anyway if you get the berhinger one now

and i cant imagine that it sounds too good...

I'm going to egt a good delay sooner or later, but I have priorities, and I don't really have a use for a delay at the moment, other than a couple parts in that one song. Once I get my other things I need, I'll fork out the money for a decent delay to replace the crap one.

Quote by RadioHead22