Yes another one, looked through some previous threads and none really answered my questions, and posting replies doesn't net all that many responses.

Anyway, when people are talking about the Vox wah, which as far as I can tell is the favoured one around here I'm assuming they're talking about the Clyde one and not the 847?

What's the word on that one's reliability? I've heard a lot of negativity about it, problems with the pots problems with it hissing and so forth. Truth to these rumours or is it not as bad as it's made out to seem.

Also wanted to check out the Dunlop 535q, I've heard some bad thing's about Dunlop in general, especially with how the bypass works. Any comments?

Heard some good things about the Fulltone Clyde pedal as well, but there's really nowhere around here that sells anything by Fulltone, and I don't know of any online retailers that will ship to Canada that carry them either.

Other suggestions? I'm playing a lot of classic rock / blues stuff live, with a tiny bit of funk mixed in, so it's got to be able to do that fairly well. Also I'm playing a lot of the Satriani type stuff as well, so it would be nice if it could do that, but not as important.
I chose the V847 over the V848, and I haven't had any problems with it (I've only had it for two months, but still).

So yeah, go try both Vox's.
ive never tried the vox but i own a classic dunlop crybaby, and its held up just fine and sounds great, very basic though, depends on what youre looking for, if you want to be able to control the sweep, dont go with what i have, but definitely just try out several and compare em, then worry about the durability of it after youve made a decision on what you like
They're both great, depends on personal taste though, the Clyde's more vocal.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by icronic

Anyway, when people are talking about the Vox wah, which as far as I can tell is the favoured one around here I'm assuming they're talking about the Clyde one and not the 847?

What's the word on that one's reliability? I've heard a lot of negativity about it, problems with the pots problems with it hissing and so forth. Truth to these rumours or is it not as bad as it's made out to seem.

Also wanted to check out the Dunlop 535q, I've heard some bad thing's about Dunlop in general, especially with how the bypass works. Any comments?

about the first thing...i dont think that "the vox wah" is the clyde McCoy...its the v847. that's the standard wah.

i have it and really like it
gonna mod it true bypass though...it drains a lot of treble out of your tone...thats the only bad thing

and about the dunlop...i tried pretty much all they had and the only one that came close to the quality of the vox v847 was the dimebag wah...which is $50 more

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009