You should look at Ibanez 7 strings. Ibanez guitars are sold for lower prices but they are worth alot more here because their an asian company and labour is cheap over there.
That Schecter is a great guitar, but i agree with everyone that says check out the Ibanez 7's, i own an Ibanez RG-7321 7 string, and it ****in smokes. All i had to do was lower the action a bit and it was perfect. Plus it has the fast Ibanez Wizard II-7 neck on it. The Schecters have more of a "Les Paul-ish" thicker feel. But hey, whatever you want to get!
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Does anybody have a site where they sell Ibanez 7 strings? Because the ones I see at musiciansfriend.com only has one model of their 7 strings.

You have this one, right 20sacksam?:
http://ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG7321

...it looks awesome!

How much is it, maybe I'll get this one, if the price is right.
Last edited by b1gapl at Mar 2, 2007,
^^ Yes thats the same one i have. I personally like the stock pickups in it, of course they're not the best in the world, but they don't sound like total sh*t either, they're not bad at all. It does get a tad bit muddy with a lot of gain, but it's not near as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Edit: The clean tones, especially with the neck pickup, are great on this guitar.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
I serioused looked at buying one of them, as they have a really good strong bass response on them and theyre extremely comfortable to play. In the end though I went for a yamaha drop 6, and tuned it to B. About a third of the price(got it extremely cheap in a sale), with double locking floydd rose, which was for me as good. Maybe pickup sound not quite as good but still a quality instrument. I would have a look to see if u can get a cheap baritone guitar built for drop b, which might be just as good for u.
how much better are 7-strings compared to 6, could someone post a video of someone playing a 7-stringer
co-founder of theressurect pogs club
pm me to join
(\__/)
(='.'=) this bunny also has a god complex
(")_(")

Quote by vBulletin Message
Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

remember UG march 8&9, 2007 i was there.
that guy is and idiot
co-founder of theressurect pogs club
pm me to join
(\__/)
(='.'=) this bunny also has a god complex
(")_(")

Quote by vBulletin Message
Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

remember UG march 8&9, 2007 i was there.
Yea the cursing was unnecessary, and thinks he's so good.

Anyway... 20sacksam, how is the Ibanez RG7321 on squealing?
Honestly, go for a C-7 hellraiser if you can. They are like $50 more.

If you have $1000 though, buy a used UV777. They are incredible
Yea it's looks awesome, but it's way more than I wanted to spend. Besides I just started getting into 7-strings. I think the Ibanez RG7321 is a great starter, and a great price too.
Quote by garden of grey
Honestly, go for a C-7 hellraiser if you can. They are like $50 more.

If you have $1000 though, buy a used UV777. They are incredible

What's better about the hell raiser mate? edit - I thought that Ibanez was decent for £260 quid.
Last edited by Jackolas at Mar 2, 2007,
Oh well I prefer The EMG's for a low tuning, and they have a nicer finish IMO

But it is still just an opinion
Quote by garden of grey
Oh well I prefer The EMG's for a low tuning, and they have a nicer finish IMO

But it is still just an opinion

What are the pickups like on the Ibanez? for the price I hear good things.
^ I am not a fan of ibanez stock pickups. They sound dead to me. A lot of people like them though.

The only Ibanez' I like are JEM's and UV777's, due to edge pros and dimarzios.
Quote by Shred_From_Hell
I will never play a Schecter thanks to avenged sevenfold.

That's incredibly stupid.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
i have the RG7321, and im OK with the sound i get out of the pups. if i were in a band, i would definitely change them. i'd say go Schecter cuz its got a great feel to it, albeit a thicker neck. and you wont have to upgrade it, unless you want locking tuners. good pups (59/JB, if im not mistaken) and TonePros bridge. or a HRC7. same as the BJC7 but with EMGs and some people say the HR has better upper fret access. i dont know for sure 'cuz i've only played the HRC7.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
I just wanted the Ibanez 7 string for a sort of step into 7 string, you know; nothing overly serious. I heard the neck is suprisingly decent; the guitar looks really nice IMHO for an all black guitar, and I have heard the pups (stock) on a youtube video and was quite impressed with the sound actually! It was a dream theater cover and didn't sound half bad; I was hoping the guitar would be good for that stuff rather than all korn or whatever so thats cool.
Yea that's why I wanted a 7 string guitar, because I wanted to try out some Dream Theater songs, that was written with the 7 string. So now I'm between the Ibanez RG7321, and Schecter C-7 Blackjack. I like what angus said about the Schecter though. I do have big hands, and that thicker and bigger neck, would be nice. But the Ibanez is cheaper.

I'm also coming from a Fender Squier Strat, and I've been told it's one of the worst guitars. I kinda agree. So, I will notice a big difference, with either 7 string...right?
Last edited by b1gapl at Mar 2, 2007,
Schecters kick ass. The HellRaiser 7 has Emgs in it, plays nice as hell, but the Blackjack C-7 is just as good.
Quote by Shred_From_Hell
I will never play a Schecter thanks to avenged sevenfold.

That is one of the most idiotic statements I have ever read. That's like refusing to play Gibson because emo bands do.
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
Last edited by DisplacedLogic at Mar 2, 2007,