Page 1 of 2
Whats your guilty plesures in music?

Mine would be Blink 182, I know they suck, suck hard but for some reason I fucking love them them I don't even know why.

So what are your guilty plesures in music UG?
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Last edited by eldanny at Mar 2, 2007,
I don't think Blink 182 suck
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
A lot of pop. Celine Dion, M2M, Vanessa Carlton. I'm ashamed to be me.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Hole/Courtney Love. Don't ask me why.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Blink 182 are ****ing awesome and you know it! They make all other pop-punk bands seem like...well....pop-punk bands, really.

I like blink 182 as well, only it's not a "guilty" pleasure cos I'm proud of it. I also like Bomfunk MC's and a lot of 90's pop music, like Ace of Base. Nothing to be ashamed off.

EDIT: and the song "Welcome to the Black Parade" by MCR. Although I'm not normally a fan of the band, I respect them for this song, cos it's so upbeat and energetic it's hardly emo!
Last edited by sashki at Mar 2, 2007,
Pfft...
A7x, Unearth, August Burns Red, Darkest Hour, Curl Up And Die, etc.
Last edited by Embodiment at Mar 2, 2007,
Kanye West and some other rap stuff, the stuff that isn't about drugs, ho's, bitches and having lots and lots of guns and big shiny rims.
Nothing, I'm proud to have diverse musical tastes and my own opinion.

Although I'd be ashamed too if I liked Blink . Seriously, they're not bad, but they're not exactly the best band ever...

Music to ACTUALLY be ashamed of:
50 Cent
Linkin Park
HIM
Bullet For My Valentine
Akon
Marilyn Manson
Busted

IMO, that's about it, bearing in mind that I like a wide range of musical genres and am not anti-mainstream.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Mar 2, 2007,
Quote by sashki

EDIT: and the song "Welcome to the Black Parade" by MCR. Although I'm not normally a fan of the band, I respect them for this song, cos it's so upbeat and energetic it's hardly emo!

Give me a break. They're pop-punk man. Emo is a subgenre of hardcore, and I doubt that any of the bands you'd call emo are actually emo (Aiden or Fall Out Boy for example)
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I like Lordi...and McFly...and a lot of shitty pop stuff...am I a bad person?
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by cheese_weasel
Kanye West and some other rap stuff, the stuff that isn't about drugs, ho's, bitches and having lots and lots of guns and big shiny rims.

Kanye West is alright. It's just idiots like 50 Cent who really deserve no respect, which you sorta seem to be saying, but I'm not sure

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in

Although I'd be ashamed too if I liked Blink . Seriously, they're not bad, but they're not exactly the best band ever...

50 Cent
Linkin Park
HIM
Bullet For My Valentine
Akon

IMO, that's about it, bearing in mind that I like a wide range of musical genres and am not anti-mainstream.

Umm...people should be allowed to listen to whatever they want to without being ashamed, just because some idiot says so. HIM > you.
Last edited by Embodiment at Mar 2, 2007,
I don;t feel guilty for liking these bands/musicians but some that rae not characteristic for my likings are

Common
New Slipknot
Three Days Grace
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by break-me-in

50 Cent
Linkin Park
HIM
Bullet For My Valentine
Akon
Marilyn Manson
Busted

I'm sure that I can find something you could appreciate from each of these artists if you're open minded enough , maybe not love but appreciate for what it is
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
Europe.

Their new album, Secret Society, is amazing, songs on there to rival The Final Countdown.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by Embodiment
Umm...people should be allowed to listen to whatever they want to without being ashamed, just because some idiot says so. HIM > you.

Oh look I offended someone with my tastes in what was clearly a joke. C'mon dumbass, the first part of that post even said I was proud to have my own opinion. So if I suddenly started calling people morons because they had a different opinion, wouldn't I be kinda hypocritical? UNLESS IT WAS A JOKE...

Anyway, regardless of that, you can't get offended every time someone says HIM sucks. Billions of people think that. It's called a ****ing opinion.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Kroach
I'm sure that I can find something you could appreciate from each of these artists if you're open minded enough , maybe not love but appreciate for what it is

Yeah it was a joke. But I'll be damned if you can find any Busted I would appreciate.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Busted is quite good. I have a cd of a bunch of their songs somewhere...
A few poppy things like natasha beddingfield & kelly clarkson too... lol
Quote by break-me-in
Oh look I offended someone with my tastes in what was clearly a joke. C'mon dumbass, the first part of that post even said I was proud to have my own opinion. So if I suddenly started calling people morons because they had a different opinion, wouldn't I be kinda hypocritical? UNLESS IT WAS A JOKE...

Anyway, regardless of that, you can't get offended every time someone says HIM sucks. Billions of people think that. It's called a ****ing opinion.

You said you were proud of your opinion, I'm proud of mine too, but then you went on to say that 'everyone should be ashamed of...' because you think so. Your opinion is not valid for everyone. Hell I'm not offended at all, the HIM comment either because they aren't that great, but I hate it when people go 'you can't listen to this cuz it suxx0rz!2'.
One song by Kelly Clarkson. "Walk Away."

Shut up, it's only one song!
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by Embodiment
You said you were proud of your opinion, I'm proud of mine too, but then you went on to say that 'everyone should be ashamed of...' because you think so. Your opinion is not valid for everyone. Hell I'm not offended at all, the HIM comment either because they aren't that great, but I hate it when people go 'you can't listen to this cuz it suxx0rz!2'.

Did you even read the post you quoted? I said it was a ****ing joke man. Ease up.

I also acknowledged that if I had meant it, I would be a stupid hypocrite.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Uhhmm ... .Pussy cat dolls.
I had a few good "sessions" when watching them video clips

Depeche mode
I listen to a bunch of screamo, hardcore, post-hardcore, metalcore, well, everything everyone hates, but i love it and im proud of it so if you have something agaisnt that go **** a dog
hmmm...

FOB (old stuff only)
flame away.

uh
damn im seriously ashamed of this one
Christina Aguleria...like her new stuff...ahh god...*shoots self*
Quote by Evil_Magician
Uhhmm ... .Pussy cat dolls.
I had a few good "sessions" when watching them video clips

Depeche mode

Haha... but why are you ashamed of Depeche Mode?!

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Haha... but why are you ashamed of Depeche Mode?!

Im not ashamed of them. But its a guilty pleasure.
I dont like to tell people that i like gay bands (litteraly)
I like a My Chemical Romance song...
I'm so sorry....
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Quote by break-me-in
Did you even read the post you quoted? I said it was a ****ing joke man. Ease up.

I also acknowledged that if I had meant it, I would be a stupid hypocrite.

I did read genius, I am aware you were joking, too bad I mistaked it for ignorance at first.
Quote by break-me-in
Yeah it was a joke. But I'll be damned if you can find any Busted I would appreciate.

yeah that's hard maybe an instrumental version of one of their songs, because the voices are tooooo hardcore
Dragonforce, Fall Out Boy, Young Jeezy, and Hinder are just uncharacteristic for me.
But I do like half the mainstream bands, and I Like to keep an open mind about any band, rapper, etc.
So really theres nothing to be ashamed of if you like a band. Your life, your choice I guess.
Blondie...

Usually I have to follow up with some Burzum just to get out the super-gay yet strangely good music out of my head...
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
Quote by TechnicolorBoy
One song by Kelly Clarkson. "Walk Away."

Shut up, it's only one song!

I heard club mixes of since you've been gone, on the radio in England and I'm sure you'll like them too, go steal them on the interweb !!

Or check out the guitar part, it's quite neat
Quote by Evil_Magician
Im not ashamed of them. But its a guilty pleasure.
I dont like to tell people that i like gay bands (litteraly)

Take it you're not a big fan of Queen or Placebo then?

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Embodiment
I did read genius, I am aware you were joking, too bad I mistaked it for ignorance at first.

Well yeah but I said it in the post that you quoted when slamming me for being an elitist and whatnot. To me, that sent out the message that you hadn't read it.

Still, no harm done I guess.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by x/taluha
hmmm...

FOB (old stuff only)
flame away.

uh
damn im seriously ashamed of this one
Christina Aguleria...like her new stuff...ahh god...*shoots self*

Candyman is a great song.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by break-me-in
Take it you're not a big fan of Queen or Placebo then?

Queen is ok even thought freddie butsse§ked the drummer. I didnt realy like placebo in the first place.
Page 1 of 2