Right well I'm seriously bored of using the extended version of the minor pentatonic and bending hammering on etc over it because I always end up doing the same stuff.

So I was wondering how to break this wall?

Cheers.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Learn more scales all over the fretboard so you don't do those shitty box solos...
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
^ i'll say it before one of the mods does, regardless of whether or not i believe in it or agree with it....

"don't encourage drug use, would you want your 12 yr old cousin to get on here and have someone say 'do drugs it helps' only to have them turn into some kinda junky?"

btw drugs don't give you musical knowledge, at best they'll change your perspective.
Maybe learn some theory? You know, modes and stuff? Or the Freidman video nightwind posted, it's awesome. Try learning some more interesting solos. Or take some examples/licks from other genres and incorporate them into your playing? Or do the same for music for another instrument, eg. learn a sax solo on the guitar?

Recently I've been writing licks using larger intervals than I normally use, using string skipping etc.
Quote by z4twenny
^ i'll say it before one of the mods does, regardless of whether or not i believe in it or agree with it....

"don't encourage drug use, would you want your 12 yr old cousin to get on here and have someone say 'do drugs it helps' only to have them turn into some kinda junky?"

btw drugs don't give you musical knowledge, at best they'll change your perspective.

Thanks man.

My alternative to drugs is meditation, which has other benefits as well. I can from time to time lucid dream as well.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by nightwind
Thanks man.

My alternative to drugs is meditation, which has other benefits as well. I can from time to time lucid dream as well.

then do that, it can work just as well, I do it too. and sorry if I offended you, I forgot this ain't the pit.
No offence taken, I'm just not sure that it is the best thing to suggest.

Jazz on

Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
yeah i'm not offended by it either, i took drugs for MANY years, my brain prolly looks like swiss cheese. i've suggested it before too and got that message from EK and i can see his point. i learned alot from my un-sober years but i don't recommend it to anyone. like i said at best it just lets you look at things from a different standpoint and often times is really detrimental to your ability. you think you sound great and you MIGHT, but many people who do this really don't sound better they just think they do. i meditate as well nightwind, i find if i can clear my mind it helps to translate music straight to the guitar, when it goes straight to your hands without even thinking about it is the absolute best.
THanks for the replies.
I think I'll just get my head down and learn more theory.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by z4twenny

Weeds a HERB though!
holy POOP!!!! that marty friedman video is AWESOME! man, i gotta study this thing. im lovin the relative minor stuff.
transcribe some John Coltrane, or Kurt Rosenwinkel. Transcribing is a great way to build up new ideas. Sax solos r great