I've finally saved up enough for a decent guitar (better than my old Ibanez G10) and was wondering if anybody here knows about guitar kits. I've heard that they end up as really high quality guitars (for the price) and was wondering if anybody here knew about a kit I could get that isn't shaped like a strat. Also, if anyone has any suggestions on which one to get would be great.
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were .
Like a starter kit? As in like with an amp and stuff? They aren't bad, but you should probably buy everything separate if you have the money.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
Oh, no, like a guitar that you get the pieces for and then put together yourself.
check out carvin kits
they are nice if you like strat style
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
check out grizzly guitars. if you check out my myspace(in my sig), the guitar there is one of there prs style, and the recordings are all made with it.
Too cool for a signature.
I bought a Saga Kit, and when it gets to be less cold outside I can finish painting it and tell you how it is .

The Carvin Kits use all the same parts as the real Carvins, so those would be your best bet if you're willing to shell out the cash (it's very cheap considering what you get, however ).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Two words. War-Moth. Buying kits will leave alot to be desired for ( Personal experience, BUT IT CAN BE A REWARDING EXPERIENCE! ) Saga kits are great if you know what you're doing, And don't think you're getting the woods of a 1200 ash tele. Alot of kits use Basswood and Poplar as well - I hate cheap wood, So forgive me if I seem angry about the kits. Warmoth, However, Is a sure fire way to get any body shape you want, AND A CUSTOM GUITAR! A friend of mine has a custom mocking bird, And I would make love to that guitar if I was able. =P
Oh btw, if you get a Saga kit, buy new tuners.

They suck.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Oh btw, if you get a Saga kit, buy new tuners.

They suck.

What he said. You're gunna wanna buy new saddles and saddle screws, Too.
Well, I can't get a Saga and Warmoth doesn't have anything for me, because I have bad news....
I'm a lefty.
Those Carvins look really nice, though, even if they are strat shaped.
All they have for bodies is a 450$ soloist body, which will end up a lot more expensive with all of the other parts.