So anyway... Recently my mates asked me to join their band and I agreed. Basically we play british punk (down with Thatcher and all that )

So anyway, new places are opening in my town, so I plan on getting a job wihtin the next month or so, and my birthday is coming up too.

I mainly play metal, so really I'm looking for suggestions of an amp that can handle both, and a guitar that can pull off both..
Marshall JCM900 with a boost maybe?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
+1
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
Price range buddy
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Just get an amp with a good clean channel and modern distortion. Then you put a distortion pedal in front of the clean and use really high output pickups.

Problem solved.
Yeah I'd prefer the guitar to have some EMGs and a floyd... Because before I was even in the band I was lookin for a guitar with that set-up... Budget I'm not sure of at the mo so I'm just lookin for suggestions...

Would a DSL be good?

Then when I wanna play metal put a TS in front?
I never really thought a DSL needed a boost. Most people that want boosts with amps like that just can't stand using minimal amounts of gain.

You could probably get away with a JCM 900 dual channel and a boost.

I'd stay away from a Rectifier for punk. Marshall, Vox, Laney and ENGL would be the first which come to mind.

Like I said, get something with a decent clean at least and use a distortion pedal. and turn it up really loud. Classic punk bands don't really have that great of a 'tone' regardless. You just need something raw.

Guitar-wise any will work. You could get an RR-1 and throw some EMGs in it and that would be fine.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
I never really thought a DSL needed a boost. Most people that want boosts with amps like that just can't stand using minimal amounts of gain.

You could probably get away with a JCM 900 dual channel and a boost.

I'd stay away from a Rectifier for punk. Marshall, Vox, Laney and ENGL would be the first which come to mind.

Like I said, get something with a decent clean at least and use a distortion pedal. and turn it up really loud. Classic punk bands don't really have that great of a 'tone' regardless. You just need something raw.

Guitar-wise any will work. You could get an RR-1 and throw some EMGs in it and that would be fine.

I don't want a Recto anyway... I mean it'd be cool to have one... All that money goes away when I think that some cheaper amps could level it (or even beat it)... Framus Cobra for example.. I think it's waaay better.
Pretty much any amp will do punk, as punk is really just not supposed to be heavenly sounding. For metal, a DSL will do just fine; I'm probably going to get one one of these days.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!