Page 1 of 2
Alright, how fair does this seem? My father just bought a Gibson Custom Shop 1957 Les Paul Custom, and I ain't even allowed to touch it. No seriously, he keeps the thing locked up when hes not using it . Here I am stuck with my crappy Epiphone Les Paul 100. Jeez, this ain't fair. This is a dumb post, but still...
judging from your whining and bickering you sound around 9-10 years old. i wouldnt let a 9 year old touch my 1957 Les Paul either...
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
too bad dude. all you have to do is prove to him that you know how to properly handle a guitar. play it when he is around (if he lets you) and slowley but surely he'll let you play it by yourself. but on the other hand, just be gratefull you even HAVE a gibson les paul custom in your house (says me with my SG ) most people cant get the money for a guitar like that unless they work their asses off. be happy it's there
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
If you're 15, an LP 100 is good enough until you get a little more serious. No offense, but when I was 15, I almost broke my brother's $3000 Godin, so...
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
<enter Wayne's World mode> "YOU'RE NOT WORTHY, YOU'RE NOT WORTHY!!!"

How about you try and work for something like that instead of expecting it to be handed to you for free? The price tag on that guitar isn't exactly budget...I wouldn't let anyone else play the guitar either.
hey, you know what's really unfair? not having a dad.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by TwoString
<enter Wayne's World mode> "YOU'RE NOT WORTHY, YOU'RE NOT WORTHY!!!"

How about you try and work for something like that instead of expecting it to be handed to you for free? The price tag on that guitar isn't exactly budget...I wouldn't let anyone else play the guitar either.

Lol, thats the first thing I thought of when I first saw it. Wayne's World. "I'M NOT WORTHY!" Well, fake Custom stickers on the headstock it is....
hey man, just think, maybe when he passes on that guitar will be yours, so chip up, someday that will be yours, on his death bed, he will be saying "Son, SON, here you go" and than he's going to die, and your going to leap with joy, (for the guitar)
Quote by GdayArmstrong
hey man, just think, maybe when he passes on that guitar will be yours, so chip up, someday that will be yours, on his death bed, he will be saying "Son, SON, here you go" and than he's going to die, and your going to leap with joy, (for the guitar)

Don't give him Idea's, well all know the temptation of getting that guitar....
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Quote by thedude051
This is a dumb post, but still...

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by GdayArmstrong

Ya, he will be leaping for joy beside his fathers deathbed. Im sure that will happen

But on topic, Id be surprised if you could notice the difference in that Gibson and your Epi. Just play your Epi, and be happy that you can say you have one of those buggers in your house.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
hey hey what does age have anything to do with not being worthy? im 15 (16 in a month) and i have an Gibson SG and an all tube Marshall. is there something wrong with that? i'v been playing for 2 years and im pretty serious about guitar. and i know for a fact that i can play better than some kids i know who'v been playing for 5+ years and are older than me. age has absolutly nothing to do with this.

EDIT: i seem a little angry today
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Waterboy799
hey hey what does age have anything to do with not being worthy? im 15 (16 in a month) and i have an Gibson SG and an all tube Marshall. is there something wrong with that? i'v been playing for 2 years and im pretty serious about guitar. and i know for a fact that i can play better than some kids i know who'v been playing for 5+ years and are older than me. age has absolutly nothing to do with this.

It probably has less to do with his age and more to do with his maturity level...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Well...I AT LEAST want to touch the thing. He won't even let me do that. Jeez. It is my dream guitar.
Deal, Dude. I won't let me nephew touch my three thousand dollor Taylor. Age has alot to do with responsibility ( Don't say it dosen't. ) and I personally would let a teenager touch my expensive equipment. If he/she wants to earn or pay for the expensive stuff him/herself, Hey, I'm all for that. But when the the price digits are over three, HANDS OFF! ( By the way, I like that with other adults, Too. Don't feel bad. )
Quote by FacingUsAll
It probably has less to do with his age and more to do with his maturity level...

yea thats what i was implying

just prove to your dad your not an idiot with the thing, he'll let you play it eventually
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by jj1565

You don't have a dad? If not, then Poor Jenny.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
That doesn't suck at all! It's an amazing guitar and you get to hear your dad play it. Be glad!
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by jj1565

jenny really knows how to put a man in his place...
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by thedude051
Oh well...Guess I can just get an Epiphone Les Paul Custom......

Don't forget the " offbrand " factor. Names don't make a guitar, I'd rather pay two hundred dollors for a Stagg les paul copy than pay six for a les paul custom. ( Those staggs really do sound good, By the way. You should check them out. )
Only in America.

Maybe if he didnt want you playing it all the time ok, but not even to have a go on it like "one day soon your have a guitar like this, son"/cliche.

What a douchebag.
Quote by Calum_Barrow
You don't have a dad? If not, then Poor Jenny.

he didnt pass, i just dont really know where he is right now.

i was just hoping to shake a little sense into a kid who should be grateful he's got a dad around who plays guitar.
maybe even got him into guitar in the first place.
material things like guitars mean nothing really.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
he didnt pass, i just dont really know where he is right now.

i was just hoping to shake a little sense into a kid who should be grateful he's got a dad around who plays guitar.
maybe even got him into guitar in the first place.
material things like guitars mean nothing really.

Amen to that.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Just don't touch it. It's not that hard.
Member of the "Guitarists Born in 1991 Club". PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Dean Guitars.
maybe he doesnt want you putting permanent marker on it....
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Don't take age too seriously.

I am 15 and my guitars are usually set up in a better fashion than any adults (personally) or schoolmates I know of.
Dude, seriously, deal with it. It's his guitar, not yours. A guitar is a guitar, man. Play yours and be happy you have one. Chances are he got yours for you anyway...
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by garden of grey
Don't take age too seriously.

I am 15 and my guitars are usually set up in a better fashion than any adults (personally) or schoolmates I know of.

The same here. I always make sure my guitars are in tip-top condition to ensure that they will perform at their best, and so I can get the most out of them. They are set up better probably better than any of my friends' are (and maybe some adults too, but all the ones I know are competent)

Ahhh to be 15 and completely ignorant and unhappy wiht everything in my life again.... good times, good times.

You know why your dad doesn't want you to touch it... BECAUSE YOU'RE 15... if you break it how will you finance the repair(s) I don't think you're dad wants you to work your ass off, and have all the money go to him. What kind of childhood would that be, you'll have no cash, and won't be able to go out with your friends and have a good time. It's for your own good man, trust me.... I won't even let my dads GF's kids (who are about the same age as you) touch my Epiphone or Agile, you people are awkward, and your motor skills aren't up to par to handle the responsibility of such an expensive guitar

Just play yer guitar man... get really good and your dad will eventually let you play it, probably when your like 17-18 though... but even than it all depends on what kind of dad you have.
Hai UG!
Quote by Ostin
maybe he doesnt want you putting permanent marker on it....

Lol, so you read about that? Yeah...I think that might have something to do with it. But it doesn't matter even if I get real good, he still won't let me touch it. Here is what he said when I asked if I could play while he was "You have your guitar and I have mine, but you can join me if you want". So hard....not...to..touch..!!
1) Employ lawyer to fake a will, leaving the LP to you.

2) Get your father in a handy (accidental) collision with a truck.

3) ???????

4) Profit!
Page 1 of 2