Well a Solidbody's body is solid, and a hollowbody's body is hollow, similar to an acoustic, and usually has f-holes.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

you didnt read the question.
I repeat.
whats the differance in SOUND between a hollowbody and a solidbody.
hollows (or at least semi-hollows, which I have experience with) have more "air" to the tone, sound a little more "open", and have more unplugged sustain, which kind of translates to the plugged-in tone too... it perhaps sounds a little woodier (or perhaps more accurately, a little more like an "acoustic").

Though, it won't sound as tight as a solidbody, and can be prone to feedback with too much gain and/or volume. Not really recommended for high gain styles, but for anything up to and including classic rock (and hard rock, if you're lucky), it can give you a slightly different tone and vibe. Classy, would be how I'd describe it.

Note, I'm talking about semi-hollow, not fully hollow.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
wood. that is the difference between solid and hollow
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by DunlopGuy
wood. that is the difference between solid and hollow

Yeah, No.

A solid body is always going to be chunky in hold to a full hollow body. Full hollow bodies pick up every sound you can think of ( That whole floating pickup idea dosen't work. ) and turns it into melody - If you know how. They're generally warmer than solid bodies, But Solid bodies will have better Harmonic richness in striking, Full hollow bodies will result into Harmonic Feedback in no time. Alot of a guitars tone depends on an amp as well, Guy. Consider that.
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!