Don't pay any attention to comments on a website like that. They are all made by people who just bought the guitar and are just excited they got something new.

That guitar is ok; the trem is pretty crappy though.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
the guitar itself isn't bad at all, it's the trem, but i have an edge III and it stays in perfectly pretty much, i've tuned it twice in three months...and i do divebombs and stuff just messing around fairly often, as long as you don't totally overdue it, it'll be perfectly fine, and if it wears out, go to guitarfetish.com and get their FR replacement, works fine, my uncle has one in his guitar, well worth 60 bucks if the edge craps out on you
Quote by FacingUsAll
Don't pay any attention to comments on a website like that. They are all made by people who just bought the guitar and are just excited they got something new.

That guitar is ok; the trem is pretty crappy though.

yes the trem is very crappy. i have it and i guess its okay. it sounds ok, but the trem sucks! youll never be able to go into alternate tunings

ill just give a meh about this.
It's just made of cheaper materials than other trems.

It'll be fine for awhile, but the knife edge will eventually wear down with use causing it to go out of tune a lot.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by jAzZMataZz
my heart is beating so hard right now! xD
but what's so bad about the trem?

It's the worst Ibanez trem in production. The pickups in that guitar are pretty shitty as well.
Dickless.
I was actually going to buy this guitar when I went shopping for my first "real" guitar, but I opted for the LP instead. I tried this guitar in the store and the trem is complete garbage. It fell out when I did my first dive bomb. Fell out. The guitar in terms of playability is okay, but honestly if you're buying a guitar and plan on using the tremelo at all you should buy something of some quality, which is why I just put an RG1570 on layaway

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
yeah, i actually play in drop d tuning but this won't work ,eh?
hmm.........................................................................................

NOOOOOOO????
Quote by LumberjackTed5
yes the trem is very crappy. i have it and i guess its okay. it sounds good and feels good but the trem sucks! youll never be able to go into alternate tunings

you have to set up a floyd rose for alternate tunings, if you set it into standard you could go a half step lower or drop d easily...it just takes some getting used to, there's nothing wrong with the trem, some say it will crap out in a few months, i've had mine 3, and it's perfect, but they may be right, it will last you a long time i'm guessing if you don't go crazy on it constantly, the knife edges (i'm guessing here) are probably soft, so they wear down over time and usage, so , just play it how you want, and if it ever goes bad ( i don't think it will for a while, if at all) just go to here and get their replacement, around 60 dollars, and it holds up fine, you will like the guitar, i assure you, the trem is nothing to worry about, just get a new one, not the old ones, as i've heard they upgraded the trem, so that may be the reason mine's fine also, alot of people that haven't played Floyd roses before say they go out of tune very fast, um....clamp the locking nut down, tight, it took me a time or two to realize i didn't tighten it enough
Quote by jAzZMataZz
yeah, i actually play in drop d tuning but this won't work ,eh?
hmm.........................................................................................

NOOOOOOO????

You can play in different tunings, but changing tunings isn't the most fun thing on the planet with a double locking trem.
Quote by utsapp89
that doesn't matter too much.

so what other ibanez guitars do you recommend me, if you tell me not to buy this one?
i'm not a beginner at all but i'm still not old enough to go earn my own money so i'm looking for a good ibanez that costs about 300-500 bucks!
Quote by jAzZMataZz
that doesn't matter too much.

so what other ibanez guitars do you recommend me, if you tell me not to buy this one?
i'm not a beginner at all but i'm still not old enough to go earn my own money so i'm looking for a good ibanez that costs about 300-500 bucks!

Why does it have to be an Ibanez?

There are *GASP* other guitarmakers out there.
Quote by utsapp89
i still reccomend this one if you like it, but look at a schecter C-1 FR maybe? a jackson?, whatever type of guitar you like really
well, i already have a fender '58 telecaster in sherwood green from my grandfather and a strat!
i was looking for a jackson but i couldn't find any i REALLY liked.
i'm looking for a guitar with floyd rose and i love the looks of the ibanez rg's!
It's an extremely traditional 80's and 70's heavy metal guitar - But, The professionals modify the hooha out of that thing. The pickups tend to get a little muddy ( More so the neck than the bridge. ) and the tremolo isn't the best. ( It's a Liscensed Floyd, Not an actually Floyd. ) I suggest you move on, Or start buying replacement parts. ( And with that, There is absolutely nothing wrong with the wood, The neck, The Fretboard or the shape of that guitar. It'd actually be a guitar i'd be proud to own, If it wasen't for my Charvel that'd put it to shame. =D! )
if the trem is as bad as you guys say i'm gonna replace it! who cares? if it's only the trem !
Quote by jAzZMataZz
if the trem is as bad as you guys say i'm gonna replace it! who cares? if it's only the trem !

Dude. Don't SAY THAT! It's the bridge. That's a pinical point of that guitar. IT MATTERS!
Alright. You're going to drop around another hundred and fifty dollors to do so... And that's just the tip of the iceberg if you want to make that guitar sound good. ( Don't forget to pay for it getting set up and time in reinstalling a bridge. You might even have to purchase a new locking nut if you change out that bridge, I couldn't tell you for sure. )
It's not worth replacing all the parts on the guitar, might as well save up and buy a nicer RG or S model. The S470 is a great choice, ZR tremelo is great.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Check out this guitar: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Damien-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513103&src=3SOSWXXA

Is a Schecter Damien with FR. What about the trem on this one?.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
that'll be ok, but honestly....you don't have to replace everything in the guitar, it sounds and plays fine stock, and guitarfetish.com has cheap, GOOD liscensed FR's for about 70 dollars, and if you don't feel safe with that, an OFR is a direct swap(along with the guitarfetish one as far as i know, for the EDGE bridge) for about 160 bucks, the pickups might need to be replaced if you don't like them, but i like them enough to where i don't want to buy new ones for my ibanez, if you like the guitar, a whole lot, get it, or you might regret not getting it later on if it's what you really want, there is nothing wrong with the guitar, people just don't like the bridge, and it's got a bad rap and it's not as bad as people make it out to be, i have an EDGE III (same as on that guitar) and i've tuned my guitar twice in 3 months, it's not bad
i used to love that guitar..but then i moved on to my fantasys of the joe satriani sig ibanez *drools*
UG's HIPPIE
Ofr Ftw!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I have that guitar, the trem is not as bad as people say, mine dosent go out of tune and dosent seem flimsy in anyway. the pickups arent great but they sound decent.