What are some nice, creamy humbuckers? I wanna switch out my stock pups in my Epi LP. WAY too bassy for me. So what would be some nice 'buckers for my LP?
gibson burst buckers all the way. the neck one sounds great but the bridge ones a little growly. i dont no if thats wat u want
Gear:

2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard
2006 MIM Fender Strat
Vox AD30 (Looking to get a Fender Blues Develle 4x10)
1978 Crybaby Wah (They made them nice back then)
Ibanez Tube Screamer Ts808
Not past $200. I'd also like to buy them one at a time if possible-don't have a great source of income anymore, but I'd like to sound better ASAP.
'59 Classic SH-1 within that range? Would give you a real vintage tone
"Only the dead have seen the end of the war..."
^ I checked it out...sounds REALLY great. And cheaper than the others too. Thanks for all the input guys.
The Seymour Duncan SH-1 59 will get you the Cream, Clapton (Humbucker era), Zeppelin, Pete Green, ACDC etc tone - bit of growl, sounds like.. yeah.. aforementioned bands

The APH-1 (Alnico II Pros) are smooth, creamy - not particularly growly. Too smooth for my tastes.. Imho, blues and blues rock needs a bit of growl.

In the more expensive range you have:

PG-1 (Pearly Gates) - Growl, spit, controllable harmonics. Great, great, great blues and blues rock buckers (think.. ZZ Top.. think of how much growl he gets).

The last one you might want to check out Seth Lovers : Basically made like the original Gibson Humbuckers were made. Unpotted, growly, but sweet. Basically.. sounds like a creamier version of the 59, as far as I know (I haven't tried these ones yet)
Thanks man. I think I'm going with the SH-1 59. And I agree-there should definatly be some growl/bite.
Quote by Martyr35
gibson burst buckers all the way. the neck one sounds great but the bridge ones a little growly. i dont no if thats wat u want

Overpriced and Overrated .

Get some customs at www.highorderpickups.com.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by TimmyPage06
The Seymour Duncan SH-1 59 will get you the Clapton (Humbucker era), Peter Green,

They're that bright?
Quote by mr_hankey
They're that bright?

They are quite bright, very clear. Most of those super squeaky lead tones Clapton was getting though were all because of wah.

Oh, and OP - If you don't like the '59 in the neck (I'm not the biggest fan of it stock.. it tends to be bassy) switch the A5 magnet out for an A4, less bass, and a bit sweeter sounding.
Quote by TimmyPage06
They are quite bright, very clear. Most of those super squeaky lead tones Clapton was getting though were all because of wah.

Not during the Bluesbreaker period, though. It could be the Rangemaster, that's a treble booster after all.
Quote by mr_hankey
Not during the Bluesbreaker period, though. It could be the Rangemaster, that's a treble booster after all.

Very true - However, I was talking about Cream era. His tone wasn't squeaky at all in Bluesbreakers, but he was using a Rangemaster during that time.. and was orgasmic.

Quote by SaulHudson
So an SH-1 59 in the neck. How about bridge?

'59. Just get the set.. I believe you can buy a "Vintage Blues" set or something.. Dual '59.. cheaper than buying them separately.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-Vintage-Blues-59-Humbucker-Set-?sku=300022
Last edited by TimmyPage06 at Mar 2, 2007,
Pearly Gates are real nice. How much are you willing to spend, though?

Good call, i like them a lot. Gibson pickups are good, but they're way overpriced as upgrades and not worth the money - I can't see why you'd want to change them if htey came as stocks, but not worth shelling out for on their own.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster