So I'm writing a song using the Phrygian dominant scale, and most of it is power chords, but I'm thinking of throwing in a clean bridge section. From building triads (btw I'm in E) ive worked out Emaj, Fmaj and G#dim. So these first three chords should work right?
Don't worry about the scales and other shit. Just write anything, as long as it fits the song and sounds good. You can make up your own chord, it's more fun this way.
Listen to my songs!

Hate Unleashed
"The song itself is simply awesome." - British Steel about Hate Unleashed
"Really good." - DarkTom666 about Hate Unleashed
A Pleasant Point

Crit for crit
Are you using A harmonic minor (E Phrygian dominant) or E harmonic minor (B Phrygian dominant)?
Last edited by Johnljones7443 at Mar 2, 2007,
Sorry, I was typing it on a psp, so I tried to write it in as little words as possibly, I'm using E Phrygian Dominant. So it's derived from A harmonic then? Didn't know that, so far I've learnt as far as the modes of the major scale.

So, any answers?
Quote by Ed T H
Don't worry about the scales and other shit. Just write anything, as long as it fits the song and sounds good. You can make up your own chord, it's more fun this way.

Don't listen to this guy, especially at this specific time.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
^Yeah, E Phrygian dominant is the 5th mode of A harmonic minor. The triads are as follows..

Emaj
Fmaj
G#°
Amin

C+
Dmin