You know when u pickup a guitar and it feels like it plays itself... when the radius is perfect, nuts perfects, neck thickness.. yeah neways. I would like to hear from some people that have played these guitars and about the playability of each, how did you find each one. If any of the damn guitar stores hard guitars with these "expensive" models I would just try them but not always possible.

- Ibanez Jem (older models)

- Jackson Soloist SL1 or SL2H

- Parker Fly

- Steinberger (whichever one)

These guitars as you can see are known for their playability... compound neck radius, large frets, rather thin necks (although thinness doesnt help, it more less hinders if its to thin, you gotta have a perfect thickness for your hands), nut spacing..etc.
So I would love to hear from some people who have played these, although I dont know how much luck I will have because most of the people on this forum are ussually just starting guitar. thanks mates
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Higher end strats fit your play themselves descirption, smooth like butter
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
I hate all of those guitars. =| I like a meaty neck, Something to hold onto when I fondle that fretboard! Like my guitars big boned, Heavy, And classic. My strat plays like butter. My Tele, Is smooth as silk. My V, Makes me moan.

Feel is a personal preference. Some people like thin necks, Some people - With large hands like mine - Like something to hold on to. Then you have to deal with finishes, Fret wire, Scale, Angle, Scallop or not scalloped, Custom headstock stops, Bridge hidth, Intonation, Truss, THE LIST GOES ON! It's not just the neck that comes to play, Man. A guitar is one, Not multible peices. Everything counts.
Quote by Ol'boy Rivers
I hate all of those guitars. =| I like a meaty neck, Something to hold onto when I fondle that fretboard! Like my guitars big boned, Heavy, And classic. My strat plays like butter. My Tele, Is smooth as silk. My V, Makes me moan.

Feel is a personal preference. Some people like thin necks, Some people - With large hands like mine - Like something to hold on to. Then you have to deal with finishes, Fret wire, Scale, Angle, Scallop or not scalloped, Custom headstock stops, Bridge hidth, Intonation, Truss, THE LIST GOES ON! It's not just the neck that comes to play, Man. A guitar is one, Not multible peices. Everything counts.

Jesus Christ. Do you hump your guitars or what? You're ****ing obsessed. The first paragraph of your post made me cringe.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Jesus Christ. Do you hump your guitars or what? You're ****ing obsessed. The first paragraph of your post made me cringe.

Not obsessed. What's one step short or obsessed? Passionate.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Quote by i(ncubus)play
Not obsessed. What's one step short or obsessed? Passionate.

Fair enough.

But anyway, onto necks: It's best you try them yourself, it's a preference thing, everyone's opinion is different. I myself can't use Jacksons, Telecasters fit perfectly for me.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH

You're speaking to the man that said " Guitar isn't a hobby, It's a lifestyle. " I'm a complete and total FREAK about everything that has to do with six strings, Man. From strings, to guitar, To amp, To speaker. ( And yes. On stage, I made love to a stratocaster. )
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!
I don't like the feel of strats or les pauls. The soloists are very comfortable, but I haven't tried the others.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Pauls are just a tad too heavy for me, They do play well though. Soloists is too wide of name, Nearly every brand makes a " Soloist ".
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!